Is AP Evelynn in line for more nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhico

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkMasterDiz View Post
Don't really care, I have pretty much a perfect track record of pointing out OP heros, getting downvoted than a month later they get gutted and I bump the topic to see what the haters say

She is OP, play her for as long as you can until she gets nerfed. Which I don't think will be for awhile though since there's no tournaments for her to stomp anytime soon.

Please explain to me how eve is op? Send almost any melee champion mid and you win along with quite a few ranged ones, she snowballs and if you dont let her she has a hell of a time catching up

Salex9

12-19-2012

People think that a squishy melee burst champion that becomes half-decent with a required 3k gold item is OP after they lose to a fed eve. Let's not forget that her passive is disabled by 2 items lol. Her burst is also a joke if you don't have your ultimate or DFG up at the same time. Go compare her to the other burst champions that can easily do what she does at range and doesn't need DFG. Her only advantage is her stealth.

AntiMages

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
Please explain to me how eve is op? Send almost any melee champion mid and you win along with quite a few ranged ones, she snowballs and if you dont let her she has a hell of a time catching up
How is she not? Ignoring anything about the math in her kit, just the mechanic of her stealth gives her so many more kill & roam opportunities than your average mid. It's the same as Shaco he has a lot more kill opportunities because of his kit but unlike eve he faces a trade off that is somewhat poor late game and team fighting. Eve doesn't have this problem she has insane kill potential throughout the entire game and she scales to late game as a top 3-5 mage. She can reach the backline better than any other AP in the game and because of her build that is mostly magic pen and her kit which does %Health she melts tanks just as well as squishies.

Yes you can counter her lane you can counter ANYONE in lane but she can always roam, she can survive off minimal farm and I've had this discussion with SYKTO and he said the only real counter to eve is to either
1) Ban her
2) Get better team mates

Now are you convinced or do you wanna get to the math part?

Nice Eve record btw

AntiMages

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salex9 View Post
People think that a squishy melee burst champion that becomes half-decent with a required 3k gold item is OP after they lose to a fed eve. Let's not forget that her passive is disabled by 2 items lol. Her burst is also a joke if you don't have your ultimate or DFG up at the same time. Go compare her to the other burst champions that can easily do what she does at range and doesn't need DFG. Her only advantage is her stealth.
She's not any squishier than any other character of her archeotype infact I would argue shes the tankiest burst caster thanks to her Ult shield. Her passive is disabled by two items? Only pink wards reveal her. Just gonna stop reading your 1200 elo arguments, I'm losing brain cells.

Magik

12-19-2012

Quote:
She's not any squishier than any other character of her archeotype infact I would argue shes the tankiest burst caster thanks to her Ult shield. Her passive is disabled by two items? Only pink wards reveal her. Just gonna stop reading your 1200 elo arguments, I'm losing brain cells.
i always build abys, zhonyas, and ga on her

tanky as ****

honestly OP the diamond guy is 5-1 with her in ranked. he knows how strong she is. diz is right. she IS op but prolly wont get nerfed due to her play rate

ppl thought she got ruined after her nerf (but they were all bandwagoners)

she can actually beat most melee champs as she can harass them too easily if they try to cs

ranged is obviously tougher, like for all melee champs, but with a crystalline flask you can sustain in lane. your all in is much stronger than most mages

i was 11-3 with her last season, and had a lot more normals than that with her. i can honestly tell you shes basically at that same level now.

she is OP but lack of play will mask it. youll be fine for a while id say

Deceive or AFK

12-19-2012

She's very OP.

If even I can do consistently well with her, there's a problem.

Akraizel

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
Doesn't Eve rape melee champs? She can just spam Q all day errday because they're always in range for it... lol.

Zhico

12-19-2012

Quote:
How is she not? Ignoring anything about the math in her kit, just the mechanic of her stealth gives her so many more kill & roam opportunities than your average mid. It's the same as Shaco he has a lot more kill opportunities because of his kit but unlike eve he faces a trade off that is somewhat poor late game and team fighting. Eve doesn't have this problem she has insane kill potential throughout the entire game and she scales to late game as a top 3-5 mage. She can reach the backline better than any other AP in the game and because of her build that is mostly magic pen and her kit which does %Health she melts tanks just as well as squishies.

Yes you can counter her lane you can counter ANYONE in lane but she can always roam, she can survive off minimal farm and I've had this discussion with SYKTO and he said the only real counter to eve is to either
1) Ban her
2) Get better team mates

Now are you convinced or do you wanna get to the math part?

Nice Eve record btw

Id rather not ban eve since i find her extremely easy to counter, Talon, fizz, xin, nidalee all shut her down and if you put pinks down in choke points you wont get ganked and yes % based damage is insane and everyone is considered a squishy once she has void but this is why BV or GA is needed along with not bunching up and getting caught out

and thank you

Themepark

12-19-2012

Quote:
Just gonna stop reading your 1200 elo arguments, I'm losing brain cells.
You sound really immature and arrogant as if you are the be all say all perfect pro player. You aren't, and the way you respond to peoples argument is disrespectful and that alone discredits anything you have to say in the future.

Quote:
Her passive is disabled by two items? Only pink wards reveal her.
Maybe you should buy pink wards then, considering all these Evenlyn OP threads you keep making. It just goes to show how much effort you put into actually stopping an Evenlyn from snowballing. Pink wards is her HARD counter for a reason. Stealth is her only real advantage, her burst is great, but she has practically nothing to show for it if her ultimate is down. Consider her a Veigar, except without a stun, she uses her passive to get close to do what Veigar can do better.

Quote:
She's not any squishier than any other character of her archeotype infact I would argue shes the tankiest burst caster thanks to her Ult shield.
So Diana, Xerath (passive), Ryze, and Gragas to name a few, aren't as tanky as Evenlynn? Then you have problems shutting her down and stopping her from snowballing each time you play against her. Guess thats your own fault eh? Evenlynn cannot be as squishy as Veigar, considering she has to get up close and personal to do the burst that Veigar can do Via his stun and range. She needs it to get away, and her passive allows her to get up close.

Your arguments are valid, however the way you present them makes you look like a herp derp. Good job on that...

AntiMages

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theme34xcp View Post
You sound really immature and arrogant as if you are the be all say all perfect pro player. You aren't, and the way you respond to peoples argument is disrespectful and that alone discredits anything you have to say in the future.

Maybe you should buy pink wards then, considering all these Evenlyn OP threads you keep making. It just goes to show how much effort you put into actually stopping an Evenlyn from snowballing. Pink wards is her HARD counter for a reason. Stealth is her only real advantage, her burst is great, but she has practically nothing to show for it if her ultimate is down. Consider her a Veigar, except without a stun, she uses her passive to get close to do what Veigar can do better.

So Diana, Xerath (passive), Ryze, and Gragas to name a few, aren't as tanky as Evenlynn? Then you have problems shutting her down and stopping her from snowballing each time you play against her. Guess thats your own fault eh? Evenlynn cannot be as squishy as Veigar, considering she has to get up close and personal to do the burst that Veigar can do Via his stun and range. She needs it to get away, and her passive allows her to get up close.

Your arguments are valid, however the way you present them makes you look like a herp derp. Good job on that...
Pink wards aren't a hard counter to her, just a counter to her stealth. There is no "hard counters" in league.
1. Diana = Assassin Mage
2. Xerath = Siege Mage
3. Ryze = DPS Mage
4. Gragas = Poke Mage