Whats the craze with Homeguard boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphazonex

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
This.

Furor, even Captain, are better, but Homeguard makes you feel like the Flash.
I'm sorry, but no. Homeguard can be arguably better. Do you realize just how big instant HP and mana refill is? As well as a HUUUUUGE MS boost? Do you?

Because I feel like the people who don't understand homeguard just don't understand how invaluable those effects are. What does it have over enchantments? It saves you time. It saves you SOOOOO much time. Before homeguard, you might spend 5-10 or even more seconds in base trying to heal up then leaving it. That is a long time to be honest and come late game, you NEED to make every second count. Homeguard does what no other enchantment can do. It SAVES you those 5-10 seconds, even more because you no longer have to waste time letting your HP and mana fill up. You no longer have to waste time crawling through your base to try and get to that baron to stop it. Its just done. Homeguard does it for you. Its really straight forward once you try it yourself.

DeusVult

12-19-2012

A lot of you have said teleport

wouldnt distortion be better - 25% more teleports

Fairhaven

12-19-2012

Get boots of mobility plus 5 phantom dancers. And then upgrade to homeguard boots. You'll fly outa the base in under 2 seconds.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVult17 View Post
A lot of you have said teleport

wouldnt distortion be better - 25% more teleports
Distortion is terrible. How often do you use your summoner spells right as they come off cooldown? Whatever time you save is wasted on waiting for an opportune moment to use it.

zztophat

12-19-2012

Because Teleport/Revive Garen is a race car.

Coloring

12-19-2012

Not like Homeguard gives you access to at least the first tower, no matter WHICH CHAMPION you are!

Homeguard is good for defending, especially when the enemy is pushing hard.

Iustis

12-19-2012

That Rammus...

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

its awesome

ImpossibleGT

12-19-2012

Because honestly all the other enchantments suck or are far too expensive for what they provide. The only other enchantment I would get is Furor, and only if I'm the ADC. Otherwise, it's Homeguard or it's no enchantment at all.

Knote

12-19-2012

I actually get homeguard really early in the game now. The time you save between the instant heal and the speed boost adds up fast, and time is money/xp, so it eventually pays for itself.

And that speed boost can make a difference endgame, either after dying or backing.