I just got hacked, no idea how everything gone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exocist

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover Boy View Post
I thought you had to buy new RP? I don't think you can gift existing RP...
Gifting skins and champions?

A Blind Moron

12-19-2012

What kind of sick **** hacks someone's account and deletes their runes?

Nerfed

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Blind Moron View Post
What kind of sick **** hacks someone's account and deletes their runes?
I had about 400k+ earned lifetime IP when I checked elophant a long time ago, from what I remember thank god hackers aren't able to remove champions and skins from accounts... I've spent around $1000 on RP

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I hope it wasn't a friend who decided to be a jerk... Riot believes you should protect your own account unless you were really hacked.

Nerfed

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
I hope it wasn't a friend who decided to be a jerk... Riot believes you should protect your own account unless you were really hacked.
Yeah it wasn't a friend, I don't give out my password to anyone. :\

NotBuzzJack

12-19-2012

Don't worry, Riot can restore your account back to its proper state. And if there's something they can't restore, they'll compensate for it.

PRN

12-19-2012

I hope that your ticket gets the proper attention (some staff will just 'brush it off', some will actually look into it).

But please be careful.. the hacker can easily gain access to your account again even AFTER you change your password and email (and yes, absolutely change your email address on that account).

It usually goes like this:
> Hacker gains access to account through keylogger and or phishing website
> Hacker changes password and email
> Player submits ticket, gets account back, changes password and email back
> Hacker receives confirmation email, can "reclaim" the account as his own within a certain time frame

Also if you have downloaded a keylogger on your computer then he will just keep getting access until you reformat.

muggtonp

12-19-2012

This is probably the same guy who hacked HoN :P

Nerfed

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déschanel View Post
I hope that your ticket gets the proper attention (some staff will just 'brush it off', some will actually look into it).

But please be careful.. the hacker can easily gain access to your account again even AFTER you change your password and email (and yes, absolutely change your email address on that account).

It usually goes like this:
> Hacker gains access to account through keylogger and or phishing website
> Hacker changes password and email
> Player submits ticket, gets account back, changes password and email back
> Hacker receives confirmation email, can "reclaim" the account as his own within a certain time frame

Also if you have downloaded a keylogger on your computer then he will just keep getting access until you reformat.
Thanks for the tip bud, if he did change the e-mail of my account hopefully Riot can remove his info from my account? We'll see what happens, I'm worried though because my last ticket I sent in to riot took 1 whole month to get a response I hope it's not that long this time

Nerfed

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Don't worry, Riot can restore your account back to its proper state. And if there's something they can't restore, they'll compensate for it.
I hope so man, I don't see how it would be hard, even if they can't "rollback" my account they can just grant my account IP so I can buy back my runes (Literally had every important rune prob 150k+ worth of IP was spent on runes) and can also grant my RP back I'm just sad about losing my friends list