@Morello since I know you're lurking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

12-19-2012

Just wanted to say thank you for being so active on the forums - both you and Riot in general.

I recently started working with a group of friends and colleagues on an indie project - developing a video game. I'm the lead on game mechanics, and you and Xypherous talking shop on the forums has been an incredible stimulus/inspiration. (The thread about jobs@riot today has me really fired up =D)

So yeah, thanks for talking honestly, openly, and explicitly about game design, choices, thought processes, and systems. Even if its just a teeny tiny window into your operation, it has shown an incredible light on my work.

Also - project manager has me slated for future community manager -_______-

*Edit*
Just updating this thread...reopened it for the first time since I created it for um...reasons. Even though I know the original people who responded to this thread (Morello possibly excepted =P) aren't going to be reading it, I'm typing some answers and comments anyway.

It's been exactly one year today since we started on this project, and we're looking to be on kickstarter soon(tm)! Still have ridiculous amounts of love and respect for Morello and the design team for being active on the forums and helping to inspire me to work on my own game.

innervation

12-19-2012

One or two bumps, and I will let it die.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-19-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for being so active on the forums - both you and Riot in general.

I recently started working with a group of friends and colleagues on an indie project - developing a video game. I'm the lead on game mechanics, and you and Xypherous talking shop on the forums has been an incredible stimulus/inspiration. (The thread about jobs@riot today has me really fired up =D)

So yeah, thanks for talking honestly, openly, and explicitly about game design, choices, thought processes, and systems. Even if its just a teeny tiny window into your operation, it has shown an incredible light on my work.

Awesome - I hope we've helped, even if just a little. Best of luck!

Shaboopie

12-19-2012

Morello!!

SlayerZ

Recruiter

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks for those posts, they were real useful

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

morello is pretty cool, but i bet he won't say "<3" to me

I BET

Vodka and Kush

12-19-2012

Quote:
plz nerf amumu eve anivia lee sin noct twitch

Johnoooo

12-19-2012

Quote:
Don't mean to pester you morello but do you have any idea why I haven't received my reform card?

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:

As you can clearly see from what Morello has to deal with, if you make it big, you are F'ed in the A my friend. GL though.

ShadeOfRed

12-19-2012

Quote:

you designing it from the ground-up, or are you using premade engines and libraries?