I play fiora when I don't want to win.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgeOfPwn

12-18-2012

I think you just might be bad as Fiora

Shiv HD

12-18-2012

She is an amazing wukong counter. Her W blocks his Q

Asheishardrofljk

12-18-2012

She isn't terrible, pick her with something like a galio and she'll stomp the living **** out of the team with hydra.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

12-18-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Play her mid. She excels vs most mid picks. Avoid her if they have Ryze, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Orianna, Cho'gath, or a bruiser mid.

21/2/7 (2 in regen), Armor Pen marks and quints.
W/Q/Q/E/Q is my preferred order.

Boots > 3 Pot > Doran's Blade x2 > Berserker's Greaves > Brutalizer > Black Cleaver > Last Whisper > Tiamat > Bloodthirster.

Start Boots/3Pot, W or Q first (W if you expect autoattack harassment, Q if you have a ganking jungler who wants to gank at level 1). Play passively at level 1 (unless you expect allied gank), but when you hit level 2, start poking with W > Q > attack > Q. This 3 hit combo will take out anywhere from 25% to 30% of their health, and generally most players will fail to properly counterattack as they'll start running as soon as they realize they're being chunked. Once you've done this once or twice, you should have a very good idea of your opponent's reaction speed. If they're properly counterattacking you, chill out until you hit level 5. If they're not, continue the attack; if you're fighting a skillshot champ, a good indicator of their skill is whether they attempt to cast spells on you while you're hitting them, or they react slowly enough that they will cast the spell after you do your second Q.

Fiora is about projection of power. Once your opponent realizes that Q > E > W > attack until he starts to turn > Q takes out 50% of his health in one go, he'll start playing safe. At this point, you bust out your secret weapon: Q (to minion) > Q (to enemy) > E > W > attack. If you're level 6, this is how you get into ultimate range as well. It's also a great fakeout tool; because you have quite a bit of time between your Q, you can Q (to minion) > wait and retreat until he enters Q range > Q (to enemy). Fiora can play a lot of mind games, and they work best mid.

Cpt Joo

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Play her mid. She excels vs most mid picks. Avoid her if they have Ryze, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Orianna, Cho'gath, or a bruiser mid.

Boots > 3 Pot > Doran's Blade x2 > Berserker's Greaves > Brutalizer > Black Cleaver > Last Whisper > Tiamat > Bloodthirster.

Start Boots/3Pot, W or Q first (W if you expect autoattack harassment, Q if you have a ganking jungler who wants to gank at level 1). Play passively at level 1 (unless you expect allied gank), but when you hit level 2, start poking with W > Q > attack > Q. This 3 hit combo will take out anywhere from 25% to 30% of their health, and generally most players will fail to properly counterattack as they'll start running as soon as they realize they're being chunked. Once you've done this once or twice, you should have a very good idea of your opponent's reaction speed. If they're properly counterattacking you, chill out until you hit level 5. If they're not, continue the attack; if you're fighting a skillshot champ, a good indicator of their skill is whether they attempt to cast spells on you while you're hitting them, or they react slowly enough that they will cast the spell after you do your second Q.

Fiora is about projection of power. Once your opponent realizes that Q > E > W > attack until he starts to turn > Q takes out 50% of his health in one go, he'll start playing safe. At this point, you bust out your secret weapon: Q (to minion) > Q (to enemy) > E > W > attack. If you're level 6, this is how you get into ultimate range as well. It's also a great fakeout tool; because you have quite a bit of time between your Q, you can Q (to minion) > wait and retreat until he enters Q range > Q (to enemy). Fiora can play a lot of mind games, and they work best mid.

^^^ she is only useful as counter mid pick

CragBlade

12-18-2012

I kinda knew that if you mentioned someone as the new Eve, Rome would like playing her.

CragBlade

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Death View Post
Fiora has literally the most AD in the game; she pays for it by having no escape or CC; so go 30 0 0, exhaust; ignite and put all your chips on the table. because with her it's either all in or nothing.
Doesn't Sion beat her in terms of "most ad in the game"?

Skaarrjj

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post

I've seen Fiora mid advocated a lot by a few rioters. I've still never...ever....seen her mid though.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

12-18-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
I've seen Fiora mid advocated a lot by a few rioters. I've still never...ever....seen her mid though.
I've always considered her a better Talon (although Talon is probably a tad too strong in Season 3) thanks to her transition into a melee ADC by endgame. She does require a good bit more skill than most other assassins mid, as she's very dependent on proper positioning and outmaneuvering her opponent, as opposed to raw utility and force (unlike Talon's silence/slow/bleed combo), and lacks a proper escape (unlike Talon and Akali's invisibility).