Discussion: Swain is a puppet.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdy51

10-23-2010

I'm not sure if the bird really cares that much about his meat shield, considering he attempts eating him after Swain dies.

KrimsonAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Necro bump ftw.

HerbaNoctis

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonAce View Post
Necro bump ftw.
This... this isn't even a necro. This is beyond that. This is a 2+ year bump. wtf mate?

Bamboo Worrior

12-19-2012

I love your theory. That makes me love Swain even more, Can I add you as friend? I want to see you play Swain.

StarkRavenMad

12-26-2012

Allow me to first admit that I'm not a fan of "Swain is a puppet" theories. I find that it takes away so much depth of the singular individual. Besides, Swain can still summon Beatrice while in Raven form, displaying that she still exists outside of Swain's "True Form".

I like to imagine he's in a situation similar to Elise. He made a far more long term deal than Elise, and made a much larger PERSONAL sacrifice. As such, he can't survive, long, without the Raven Magic to sustain him. The bird is his "raven goddess" if you will.

I do love the idea of Swain and the Raven having a symbolic, albeit Love/hate, relationship.

SeikyuHaste

Tolfor

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo Worrior View Post
I love your theory. That makes me love Swain even more, Can I add you as friend? I want to see you play Swain.
That's not creepy at all.

Mutterscrawl

04-06-2013

LeBlanc's judgement (assuming that's still canon) implies it's more like he sold his old name to the Raven in exchange for power or something to that effect.

Samuel L Jaxx

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Nicklesnout View Post
Some things to note about Swain in the game; Both in the art and his in-game models his daemonic and natural human form have the bird perched on his shoulder and his head having six eyes.

If that doesn't scream unnatural to somebody on Runeterra, I don't know what does. Personally, I think Swain and the bird share a symbiotic relationship, or the bird is an extension of Swain's power(As evidenced by with his death, the remainder of his "life force" simply departs. Kind of poetic).

What does this say? Swain is more likely to be a giant daemonic bird who's true intentions are unknown to everybody around him. Not unlike a certain Chaos God from the Warhammer 40,000 and Fantasy Battle universes.

"Just as planned."
-Tzeentch

Samuel L Jaxx

04-07-2013

Beatrice = reference to Dante's Divine Comedy?