@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telekinetic

12-18-2012

What about Eve's Glitchy ult, where when you press it, it doesnt go off for a good 3-4 seconds of spamming the button, im actually not sure if its just me, but i tried on smartcast, smartcast w/ indicators, and normal and it does it on all for me...

ArmySquirrel

12-18-2012

I don't know if you're still reading this, Morello, but thank you for looking in to all this. It speaks a lot for Riot's dedication when the community's concerns are addressed so quickly and readily. I personally am glad that both player and developer can have rational conversations like this.

FattyDrake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by l kyuubi l View Post
I can tell you right now, I have never seen a Diana beat a Rumble mid. How often do people actually play Rumble mid? Not very often, because they don't *think* to try it.
As someone who likes playing Rumble mid, believe me, people sometimes think to try it. But a good portion of the time the others on the team will complain in pre-game chat because "Rumble's a top! OMFG! GG!"

KevinDelMarr

12-18-2012

I wonder what Morello thinks of Katarina. GD has expressed their thoughts, I wonder what he thinks about her power level and state of balance

YOLOUnlessZilean

12-18-2012

lol

Zairex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

@ Morello

Nerf Kha'zix

He's insanely broken.

Ty.

Hero2None

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
I wonder what Morello thinks of Katarina. GD has expressed their thoughts, I wonder what he thinks about her power level and state of balance
Please, please, please nerf Katarina! Her and Darius (who are both from the same camp) are extremely over-picked. Why? Because you really don't need to try hard in order to succeed. I know users who prefer these two champs will "dislike" this post. However, take a step back and think about it.. Why do you use them? And quite honestly, Garen has become quite a problem as well. Perhaps take some focus of your Pridestalker and realize he is the least of your problems as of now. Even Kha'Zix could use some attention... The list could go on. I do have to say though.. THANK YOU for nerfing Teemo. He needed that badly.

ArchangelPT

12-18-2012

@Morello, mah brutha

I understand nerfing the damage on Zyra's passive, but the godamn missile speed?

This was never an easy skill to land in the first place, i have played a lot of Zyra and so far i've only hit a single passive shot on someone who was possible DCed. I was never no Pro but this seems unwarranted and exaggerated.

I'd also appreciate it if you took measures to have her remain viable as a mid laner. That's how i love to play her and i believe that's what you had intended for her but from what i can tell most of her games are now as a support.

snoop dongers

12-18-2012

I honestly think all you guys need to do is make her costs higher.
Her free harass in lane is ridiculous.
A lot of people get chalice, you don't even need it.

pokenerd

12-18-2012

Hey Morrello, I was just wondering why when you nerfed zyra that the plants weren't hit at all. In my opinion, the plants were and still are the most overpowered/strongest part of her kit, and kinda similar to yorick gouls. My point is, when you nerfed her ap scaling on q,e,r she transitioned primarily to a support where her plants still did all the damage they did in mid, but didn't take up a ap carry's place in the team. I think the problem with the plants is that the only difference between a rank 1 and rank 5 w is cdr, which means that she has 3 abilities maxed at level 13 & 2 at level 9. i would have liked to see damage scaling in the plants, so that if you wanted the zone control you could max them, but if you wanted burst you could leave it to last. maybe something like (+2/3/4/5/6 per level) with an ap ratio of (+0.08/0.11/0.14/0.17/0.20).

thoughts?