Riots Job Requirements are ridiculous

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
You are full of fail.

And I could dunk you at your own game that you're a lead designer for.
Don't be mad that you aren't as handsome, successful, or important as Morello.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
9 of 45 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Raiden View Post
No offense, Morello, but experience often doesn't mean anything either. Experience and education are only correlative to desired traits. Neither necessarily imply anything.

Having requirements such as 10 years experience is probably not getting you the best of the bunch. A few years? Yes. 10 years? Now you are just hiring like minded individuals. That gimps you. Of course I'm not saying Riot is necessarily guilt of this. I'm just saying the whole "education means nothing, experience means something" is stupid.

It's just a way of thought, unfounded.
Education and experience are valuable only in context - certain roles need a deep understanding of subjects of conventions (even if the desire is to break those conventions) and others don't. In design, we often hire high talent/low experience for most Associate jobs.

Angela Anderson

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
collaborate like a mother****er
I feel the need to do something with this quote. Like change my ingame name, make an inspirational poster... I just feel drawn to do something with this quote.

TheUlf

12-18-2012

Yeah, I guess its ridiculous for a multibillion dollar entity managing an internationally recognized product to look for the best...?

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racic View Post
All kinds of funny right there. There are other areas in the world besides the USA. Just putting that out there.
You shouldn't bother speaking in a language you are illiterate in.

CommandShockwave

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
When Morello wants to heads up I'm ready.

1v1 or 5v5.
This freakin guy.

You know, most of the time a pro hockey coach could be schooled by his players.

Skill without knowledge is useless, but knowledge does not require skill to be valuable beyond petty numbers and rankings.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortalus View Post
Don't be mad that you aren't as handsome, successful, or important as Morello.
Morello is a nerdy, fat nobody.

Steelrambo

12-18-2012

I'm surprised everybody ignored Morello when he mentioned that not every position is an entry-level one. Unless you're some kind of 21-year old f***ing marketing wunderkind, your experience does matter. As he mentioned, design doesn't often require that kind of experience. It's not that you can ONLY learn some things from experience because some people learn quicker than other people, but requiring 10+ years certainly filters the pool pretty well for what they're looking for.

Otherwise, they probably wouldn't ask for it.

ZeroKuno

12-18-2012

I think most people forget the Interview portion that is broken down into several pieces.

Berri Bunny

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk Lord View Post
This freakin guy.

You know, most of the time a pro hockey coach could be schooled by his players.

Skill without knowledge is useless, but knowledge does not require skill to be valuable beyond petty numbers and rankings.
Suggesting a sports coach is the equivalent of a game designer might be the funniest idea ever.