@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrensby

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Diana: We overnerfed here, agreed. Will fix next patch.

Thank you. :3

greed18

12-18-2012

Can you fix Zyra's plants? When you Q on your seeds they sometimes do nothing, like they just stare at the other champion.. It happened like 2 times.. and with her snare speed reduced she's kind of useless now that her plants don't target the champion. (The champion is in front of them and there is no minions). Like I said it only happened 2 times.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
That is a nerf I'm happy with. That skill doesn't need to be that fast.
What about her bugged Plants AI? my cousin didn't care about the nerfs too much, but stop playing Zyra do to the Plants AI issue.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Statikk might be posting more, but let me update on the details that are concerning in a TLDR sense;

Diana: We overnerfed here, agreed. Will fix next patch.

Rengar: We need to tear him down a bit to build him back up - someone earlier in this thread mentioned that he has too many things to be both balanced and fun, and that's the same problem we detect. There will be additional changes next patch.
What are the chances of you getting your wish and doing the nerf you wanted to do, the reduced missile speed on her q?

vvr

12-18-2012

can you tell us your opinion about urgots current state?

greed18

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
What are the chances of you getting your wish and doing the nerf you wanted to do, the reduced missile speed on her q?
The missile speed doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is the time it takes to spit it out.. Plus her buggy plants. She used to be my main, but with this nerf I can't land my snare properly and when I do I barely do some damage since her base got nerfed.

DarkArrows93

12-18-2012

I love how "playful" RIOT employees are. Haha, the humor makes me giggle. Just reading Morello's posts.

Love how they listen to the community too.

I never played Diana, but she isn't really that viable on your team at the moment. I've played against her and she isn't as intimidating as she aught to be.

CaptnJakSparrow

12-18-2012

Teemo wasn't over nerfed. I personally think he was nerfed due to the items. Malady + Liandry's + Rylais + Runaan's hurrican = Teemo rape face. Mushroom's instantly do massive amounts of damage, sometimes two shotting a carry, if fed, close to 1 shotting. Also, mushrooms with Liandry's actually took large chunks out of tanks. With Runaan's he now strikes 3 people with multiple, upon multiple dots that are even kind of madred's like in nature. He wasn't nerfed. He was balanced due to the items. They worked way too well for his kit. As for Diana. I decided to go support Diana, and I enjoyed it. Could always try it :P.

ShadowLantern

12-18-2012

Quote:
That is a nerf I'm happy with. That skill doesn't need to be that fast.
Agreed; Zyra is my favorite character but I believe the reduced snare seed is a fair nerf. The original missile speed + a seed at your enemy's feet is pretty much an undodgeable slow, assuming the snare even misses.

canpan14

12-18-2012

Quote:
Not until after the holidays, sad to say.
and..and..maybe a Heimerdinger remake also?