@Morello, can you explain the design philosophy used for nerfing champions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam1722

12-18-2012

Hello Morello,
Sam1722 here, and I would like to inform you, if you didn't know, that Diana and Rengar are not underpowered. Diana is balanced in my opinion, I play her myself. Rengar on the other hand, I would have to say he is lost. He certainly cannot jungle anymore, he can go bottom with a support or ADC (Blind pick of course) and he could top lane before the W nerf, but now no healing affects are on him except the .4 ratio. His W is reduced my 5% so every single time he casts 3 10% heals is like 2 of the 15% heals. Rengar regenerates health the slowest of any other champion that I know of. Morello basically what I am saying is please take a look at Rengar and see what you can do, he use to be fun, but he just isn't anymore. I still do good as him, but he is just lost in Team Composition and Gameplay/Strategies.

AntiSkillshot

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Nah, this thread is actually really rational and good. I'm super happy about the conversations we're having here.
I have a quick question (three really).
First would be about Diana's W, the hit radius on the orbs is actually smaller than her basic attack range now, and sometimes you have you literally stand on your target for all three to go off. Will you guy's be fixing this or reverting the nerf to her W?

Second would be about Rengar's W, as the Empowered W is his main source of sustain (because his natural health regen is actually quite low), will you be buffing his health regen or reverting the nerf to the Empowered heal?

Third would be about Zyra, granted, I do feel she's in a better position than the other two by far, but her passive, from what i've heard, if still bugged when using smartcasting (idk if you guys can fix this in the next 3 patches though). Then about her E, the projectile speed nerf did hurt her mid laning ability just as much as her supporting ability, if not more. I understand it can move through multi units, and can snare a whole team as a result. But it moves slower than Lux's and Morgana's snares, who have a much longer range on their's than Zyra's. Would you be looking into doing something for Zyra's E, or leave it there?

Morello

Lead Designer

12-18-2012
22 of 32 Riot Posts

Statikk might be posting more, but let me update on the details that are concerning in a TLDR sense;

Diana: We overnerfed here, agreed. Will fix next patch.

Rengar: We need to tear him down a bit to build him back up - someone earlier in this thread mentioned that he has too many things to be both balanced and fun, and that's the same problem we detect. There will be additional changes next patch.

Jungle Rammus

12-18-2012

Quote:
Statikk might be posting more, but let me update on the details that are concerning in a TLDR sense;

Rengar: We need to tear him down a bit to build him back up - someone earlier in this thread mentioned that he has too many things to be both balanced and fun, and that's the same problem we detect. There will be additional changes next patch.
^ what about Rammus >_<
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
I don't know, you did (well, the balance team did) murdered Rammus out of viability, and the new jungle is not helping him at all either.
Yes, we're not always right. I think this is a clear base of where we need to buff.

Mirror

12-18-2012

Quote:

Slow Q and give range back on R? prs?

ScottyRawr

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Slow Q and give range back on R? prs?
Zyra's snare speed also...-.-. Good grief. Her bugged Ult too.

BanksTanks

12-18-2012

I don't play Diana but nerfing the range is a bit crazy. She is ment to start the team fight quickly instead of taking more steps to run into the team fight she needs to have more range to be unseen to run in out of nowhere dealing tons of damage. She is a very good champion but doesn't need the Q range made smaller I highly disagree with it.

chrisforealz

12-18-2012

What about Renekton Passive?
Whats your thoughts? really, it is a really bad passive. I think its what make him a "bad" pick (I have seen him once in a Tournament, and he wasnt a game changer)

superhafiz41

12-18-2012

Quote:

Will zed be buffed next patch?

Lansi1ng

12-18-2012

Quote:

Can you tell me when the next patch will be out where you will fix Diana's overnerfed character?