Hey Riot, please, PLEASE fix the fps drops

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicVFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyFork View Post
Turn your shadow effects off. Update your video drivers. Upgrade your pc. Downgrade the game video settings overall.

This is your priority checklist to make sure you cant fix your own problem.
I have an gtx 670, 16gb ramm, and i7 3rd gen. I GET FPS drops

Jamochawoke

12-16-2012

I get 61fps constant and have all of season 2 and pre-season 3... then out of nowhere I'll suddenly drop to 5fps for about 14 seconds or so since this latest patch.

Why?

Frozenko

12-18-2012

Step 1: Buy a new computer with better processors.
Step 2: Make sure you've just bought a computer with better processors.
Step 3: Follow step 1 and 2, and if all fails. Lower graphics settings to suit your FPS.
Step 4: Download a gamebooster program, I used Advanced System Care 6.
Removes about 200MB RAM off usage when I'm playing.
Step 5: Download CCleaner, Get rid of those old files and cookies! (BIG)
Step 6: Follow 1-5.

Reccomendations: Don't use Skype to voicechat. This takes up about 150-200MB RAM!
Use preferred chat services,
-Ventrillo
-Mumble

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-18-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys, just so you know, we have been looking into it. I agree it's incredibly important to get the map in a functional, playable state for our players. I'll update again if we find anything concrete.

ScottyRawr

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Hey guys, just so you know, we have been looking into it. I agree it's incredibly important to get the map in a functional, playable state for our players. I'll update again if we find anything concrete.
For me it's the minions on all maps -.-....

Mad Grey Wolf

12-18-2012

I have noticed fps drops in team fights on my Asus with i7, 16 gb ram, 3gb dedicated nvidia, SSD. Then I play on my toshiba laptop with i5, 8 gb ram, 1gb dedicated nvidia, 5200 rpm hard drive, and have no issues. Dafuq?

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-18-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeKonvict View Post
I have noticed fps drops in team fights on my Asus with i7, 16 gb ram, 3gb dedicated nvidia, SSD. Then I play on my toshiba laptop with i5, 8 gb ram, 1gb dedicated nvidia, 5200 rpm hard drive, and have no issues. Dafuq?
Monster rig, I'm jealous
Did you get this before the HUD update?
Is this on all maps or only TT?

Calderweiss

12-18-2012

It is on rift too. I am at my uncles, they usually have great internet. usually this computer has 40 fps consistently. Now, ti has been dropping to a steady 19 and quite often, 5 fps. You can imagine how bad 5 fps is in teamfights with cc and visual effects going off. Even if I'm a fed darius, it is just a nightmare. This is wrecking games. It has got to stop.

MrFreeze

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeKonvict View Post
I have noticed my fps drops a lot more depending on what i choose for my video setting prefence (benchamark, stable, high, etc). The other settings like graphic quality and shadows have zero affect on my fps.

my rig:
i5-3570k
8gb ram
120gb ssd
Saphire radeon 7950 3gb GPU
800watt power supply
windows 7

ScottyRawr

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Monster rig, I'm jealous
Did you get this before the HUD update?
Is this on all maps or only TT?
Hi, how come when minions are focused on me and they are outlined in yellow my FPS drops down from about 83 to like 26? . It's not even Champions, just the minions. Someone else posted a thread about it too. Happens on all the maps...