You had to fix Rengar's base Hp/5 since you nerfed W's heal

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerminatusOmega

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
They nerfed his sustain because they didn't understand the strength of his heal. Now they are nerfing his heal but not giving his sustain back. This is stupid and players who are experienced with Rengar know it.
Agreed..

All the whining on the forums added the successive nerfs- me dunking on those many Ezreal players back than was hilarious.
Now I can barely nuke them because people "FINALLY" developed counters like using flash or blink away to avoid getting hit by his stacked Q.

Its pathetic how Riot has been handling the nerfs.

Naju

12-17-2012

bummmpp

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

12-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Rengar has been a complicated situation.

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-17-2012

In what ways was it a remotely good idea to make a resourceless champion to be allowed to have an ability that heals so much in the first place. :/

Sometimes it just looks like you dug yourselves into a hole when I look at champion previews. Whether they'll be OP or not, doesn't matter, they'll be nigh impossible to balance since their "balanced" threshhold appears to be so incredibly thin.

Look at Vlad, I'm always edgy about spending 6300 IP on him because it always looks like he's always on the verge of getting nerfed/buffed and then nerfed/buffed again. It just doesn't feel good.

tl;dr - I'm surprised you didn't see the problem Rengar's resourceless heal presented during his conception. It's not like Renekton's where he's forced to push the lane to heal.

Vox Burakkuhoru

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

I would also like a side of extra movement speed with that ult >.> thank you. lol I'm not sure, but can rengar reach the edge of his awareness circle with his movement speed buff when ulting?If you see an enemy at the edge of your awareness, I sometimes feel like I can't do anything but wave at them.

blah12321blah

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post

For great Justice

Talon Silverwing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Hey Statikk, how do you feel about Rengar's bone-tooth necklace? I never see anybody buy it since it got nerfed.

Vox Burakkuhoru

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Silverwing View Post
Hey Statikk, how do you feel about Rengar's bone-tooth necklace? I never see anybody buy it since it got nerfed.
Why did it get nurfed in the first place?

Dragonease

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4g0n View Post
Greetings!

I posted a thread idea in the Champion feedback forums. Here is a link to the post!

Champion Feedback: (Click & Vote Here)

My goal here is to try to help Rengar with his role as a Jungler, and add additional reason to buy his Bonetooth Necklace.

Thank you for your time
Rengar has no issue as a jungler thats probably where he fits best with the recent nerf to his w.

TheSlappySlap

12-17-2012

just refund him. he's **** now

1234567 ... 12