Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L1ON

12-17-2012

Yep even though Voli is fairly new (this year) he's still outclassed by most champs. He and Sej are snow buddies in need of buff.

Iklo

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
I've gotten custom skins to work before. But I stopped using them since the vast, vast majority look like poop. Those that don't usually don't confirm to the typical style of LoL or are just 100% buggy like Ursa says, some are even straight up models from other games :S

On a similar note. Shouldn't Voli actually be getting a skin soon? There's not that many old champions left who haven't gotten a skin since release now. It's the season of winter too in the northern hemisphere, and Volibear is a friggin' polar bear. NOW IS THE TIME, RIOT.
Well, look at trundle, he hasn't gotten a skin for many years because he has essentially been forgotten, the same might be said in a couple years for our bear too. There are many underplayed champions that have not recieved attention for a long time and it will either only get worse or Riot will stop giving Teemo, Ziggs, Pantheon, ect. new skins and start giving the less noticed champions a time to shine.

Knight of Dusk

12-17-2012

In the case of Trundle, he is going to get a visual rework eventually and any new skin ideas are on hold until that happens last I heard. I'm assuming this is because not enough people like the way he looks to buy him and any potential skins for Riot to turn a profit

Iklo

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
In the case of Trundle, he is going to get a visual rework eventually and any new skin ideas are on hold until that happens last I heard. I'm assuming this is because not enough people like the way he looks to buy him and any potential skins for Riot to turn a profit
Yeah you bring up a good point here. Riot only makes skins to make a good profit on, if there is no player base to buy said skin then why make it in the first place? The reason why certain champions have more skins than others is because of the huge profit that Riot makes off those champions largely because of the percentage of players that play that champion. The reason why Volibear is not looked into more often is because not enough players enjoy playing Volibear (2.3ish to be exact) over other champions which halts his skin production and his overall future development. It is very sad how it works, but hey, it's good business.

A bouncy Furret

12-17-2012

On a side note I'm beary happy Trundle's getting a rework.

Also name change.

That cedilla began to disgust me. I'mma soooooooooorry

A bouncy Furret

12-17-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post32544191

Morello flat out dodging a Volibear question.

Knight of Dusk

12-17-2012

Name change? Who where what. Did by any chance you get one and the servers haven't updated it yet meaning I'm going to look really dumb in a few minutes when it does change?

On a similar note, I actually managed to get Volibear Bot on EUW. Sadly it's my smurf, because that's what I do on EUW. Now I feel pressured into using it as my main though because some other poor Voli player who actually plays there must've wanted it and I took that joy from them. Curse my soft heart (which actually earned that same account a Friendship ribbon today. My first ribbon on it too. Feelin' friendly.)

And of course, I play Voli 90% of the time now just for the commodity of being Volibear Bot. It's a mixed blessing since Voli support in S3 makes me want to scream.

Knight of Dusk

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post32544191

Morello flat out dodging a Volibear question.
This was the first thing that popped into my head reading that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEAGAAQJ7DM

Rossingol

12-17-2012

Did not manage to get a reply in this thread, but Morello has finally said something about his views on Volibear.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...45451#32545451

Knight of Dusk

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossingol View Post
Did not manage to get a reply in this thread, but Morello has finally said something about his views on Volibear.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...45451#32545451
You deserve a medal. Makes me feel a bit embaressed as I just posted in the same thread asking about Voli after he's already given his answer. Oh well, doesn't hurt to show that there's people out there who actually play the guy.