Riot; If I showed you that your Trynd remake was bad, would you change it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dredzach

12-13-2012

bumpers

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

So has this gotten anywhere? I'd love to see what riot thinks of this.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-17-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

A little shorter on time right now, but I will agree there's lower synergy than there should be - I'd strike that to my biggest point of problem with the kit...well, outside of "melee carries as a role"

Synergy is tricky because synergy is fun and intuitive, but if you overdo it, it removes decisions and creates facerolling. I don't think Trynd is at risk here, just something to remember when analyzing how much synergy a character has.

Good post.

Tarinis

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A little shorter on time right now, but I will agree there's lower synergy than there should be - I'd strike that to my biggest point of problem with the kit...well, outside of "melee carries as a role"

Synergy is tricky because synergy is fun and intuitive, but if you overdo it, it removes decisions and creates facerolling. I don't think Trynd is at risk here, just something to remember when analyzing how much synergy a character has.

Good post.
Can I hijack this thread and ask about Heimerdinger?

Just a small update please?!

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:

Good post.
Two points: What do you think in particular about the suggestion to reverse the bonus ad from passive and bonus crit chance from q? Why was the change made in the first place? I actually wasn't here when trynd remake was done but it makes a lot more sense to me in the former way than in the latter.

Second point: According to xypherous, katarina meets the criteria for manaless champion, but just barely. Mostly it's just a nostalgia thing. If katarina is on the edge of needing to be manaless, then I think trynd is definitely there as well. Is reverting him back to mana'd champ completely out of the question? I daresay it'd be a hell of a lot easier to balance. From what I understand manaless champions have this tendency to be either extremely weak or extremely faceroll. So how about it?

MandyMemory

12-17-2012

I don't really like your spin changes, they seem to focused at AP Trynd and too big of a nerf to AD Trynd.

I think the main build should be viable before off builds are worried about.

Darkomantis

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
I don't really like your spin changes, they seem to focused at AP Trynd and too big of a nerf to AD Trynd.

I think the main build should be viable before off builds are worried about.
Magic damage gives early game advantage since people don't build magic resist early in the game unless they are fighting against a full AP person(Rumble, Singed, Swain, etc). This won't affect players all that much late-game since they mostly used his E for a gap closer in team-fights.

Norak

12-17-2012

Quote:

Good post.
Oh, Morello, stahp.

blitz4

12-17-2012

Morello, I do hope you make a future post. Cause now you made a **** ton of new confusion.

Mikhal

12-17-2012

I'll bump this everyday if it means Trynd gets buffed.