Is Katarina a good option on 3v3

Yes 39 54.93%
No 16 22.54%
Depends... 16 22.54%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Kat on TT... please don't

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Livin4Jesus

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfrezon View Post
Kat's problem on TT is the same as anywhere else: she needs kills to do well. If you have a fed Katarina on your team you will probably win. However, the opposite is (unfortunately) true as well: if your Kat goes 0/6 you're screwed and essentially playing 2v3. IMO, she's viable, but only by people who know they are better than their opponents.
I have to agree with you here. It's all how you react to her.
I will admit I have a fairly awful experience with a Kat once. It was LITERALLY (no joke) a 1v5; and the one was Kat. Her entire team disconnected. And she STILL owned us. I don't remember if we won or lost, but we got beat pretty bad. But then again, we got cocky. You just need to learn how to deal with characters with a lot of AoE attacks.

LucrativeTitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Kat is good. you can see by this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqqyX-HM3o

Frozenko

12-17-2012

Katarina is an all or nothing champion. Let her get the triple kill if she can, because most likely, she dealt more AoE damage that you guys did. If she's fed early game, its almost gaurenteed victory for you guys. Although the only problem I find facing AP vs AP is Akali. Akali just smacks Katarina late game even if kat is a bit more fed. If you don't like having Kats on your team or insta-lockers overrall. Get some friends, that's all I could tell you. Get a group going on man. People who are on constantly and you have voicechat with them, etc.

rocketdrive

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin4Jesus View Post
I have to agree with you here. It's all how you react to her.
I will admit I have a fairly awful experience with a Kat once. It was LITERALLY (no joke) a 1v5; and the one was Kat. Her entire team disconnected. And she STILL owned us. I don't remember if we won or lost, but we got beat pretty bad. But then again, we got cocky. You just need to learn how to deal with characters with a lot of AoE attacks.
or you need to get past summoner lvl 1

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Hmmm let's see why Kat would wait until a fight started to jump in...

1. Her ult can be stopped with one CC, effectively cutting her damage by, oh let's say 70-80%.
2. She's melee, and one of her abilities puts her right on top of someone.
3. She's a burst damage assassin.

Also, KS'ing? Really? You are still *****ing about KS'ing in LoL? Get over yourself, you self-important KDA ****.

Eloquid

12-18-2012

I completely agree with OP. It's stupid ks champ like Darius.

MeditationError

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecus Scius View Post
Kat players are cowards. Her play style lends to sweeping in once the fight is almost over and KSing a triple... or running from team fights that we could have won with help, and causing us to get aced, after they run in after their team mates are dead and try to ult for a triple on their own.

Sure maybe there are some of you that can play kat and do well, but I do not think that you can argue that you did well for your team based on your K/D because she is the biggest KSing champ of them all, and she runs well to evade getting killed (usually at the expense of her team mates).

Does anyone agree or disagree with this?
I'm one of the players that insta-locks Kat. She definitely struggles on TT, but you can make adjustments and do well. It sounds like you've seen some very bad Kats.

The KSing is a genuine challenge. I'm not selfish, but I do tend to get overexcited and hit all the buttons.

On the other hand, I'm also squishy as hell, and standing in the middle of the enemy team to land my ultimate, so if I pause for half a second there's a good chance that that I'm giving up a kill to the enemy, not a teammate. I got accused of killstealing once when I jumped on Darius, and I was way below the the health where he could dunk me. That felt pretty unfair, you know? I find Wooglet's to really help - I can jump in, even initiate against some teams, and then freeze while someone else gets the first kill and gets me a reset.

For the record, I personally don't ever look at KDA as a measure of my success on Kat, I look at damage dealt to champions. I regularly top that. I started checking regularly after I played a game with a Darius, where he and I were competing for kills - he got more kills than I did, but I had dealt the most damage to champions on either side, and he had done the least.

Kat has some real advantages on TT. First, the number three is a bit magical for her ult, and there's 40% less chances for cc to interrupt her. The chances of getting a team with no CC is vanishingly small on SR, but it happens now and then on TT, and even when it doesn't, there are a lot of bushes for her to hide in while she ults.

She can also push *really* hard once mid game rolls around, which gives her and her team a lot initiative. I've kept up with singed in terms of pushing on more than one occasion.

There's also the blackfire torch for tanky opponents, which takes a lot of the sting out of one of her biggest weaknesses (tanky opponents), and the CDR on it in TT is very welcome.

To be fair, she does have some major weaknesses too. She's very slippery *if* she's got something to shunpo to, but if it's on cooldown, or there's nothing to jump to she can't use wards like on SR, and tends to just die.

She's also squishy. I feel like I see a lot more squishy champs on TT than I used to, but maybe that's just my (pretty low) elo.

She's also only got the damage, so she falls off hard if she's behind. You pretty much have to go and farm as hard as you can and try and claw back in with a lucky reset.

By the way - with running away from teamfights, and then running back in? That's because she's a mage. All the casters have this same problem where they just sort of wander around ineffectually waiting for cooldowns, and it's just that because Kat's so short ranged, she's running away during that period instead of just sort of wandering around at the back.

Jumping back in afterwards and dying is just bad play.

The funny thing is that the matchmaking system is going to find a match for whatever you're doing consistently. I met this guy in queue who was ranting about how bad squishies are on TT. If we're in a game together, then we're at about the same level and so he's either right but bad, or good but wrong.

Shželd

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecus Scius View Post
Sure maybe there are some of you that can play kat and do well, but I do not think that you can argue that you did well for your team based on your K/D because she is the biggest KSing champ of them all, and she runs well to evade getting killed (usually at the expense of her team mates).
I'll somewhat agree to this part, just to make a comment. I ignore the K/D of other players, honestly their value on the end screen is better measured by their gold earned. In all honesty, a good teammate cannot be measured by any of these numbers. A good teammate can only be recognized by clutch moments or obviously game-changing plays. Things that make others go "wow" or "nice one", those things are what show a good team player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU2tHQZ34mI is a good example.

Shželd

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeditationError View Post
I'm one of the players that insta-locks Kat. She definitely struggles on TT, but you can make adjustments and do well. It sounds like you've seen some very bad Kats.

The KSing is a genuine challenge. I'm not selfish, but I do tend to get overexcited and hit all the buttons.

On the other hand, I'm also squishy as hell, and standing in the middle of the enemy team to land my ultimate, so if I pause for half a second there's a good chance that that I'm giving up a kill to the enemy, not a teammate. I got accused of killstealing once when I jumped on Darius, and I was way below the the health where he could dunk me. That felt pretty unfair, you know? I find Wooglet's to really help - I can jump in, even initiate against some teams, and then freeze while someone else gets the first kill and gets me a reset.

For the record, I personally don't ever look at KDA as a measure of my success on Kat, I look at damage dealt to champions. I regularly top that. I started checking regularly after I played a game with a Darius, where he and I were competing for kills - he got more kills than I did, but I had dealt the most damage to champions on either side, and he had done the least.

Kat has some real advantages on TT. First, the number three is a bit magical for her ult, and there's 40% less chances for cc to interrupt her. The chances of getting a team with no CC is vanishingly small on SR, but it happens now and then on TT, and even when it doesn't, there are a lot of bushes for her to hide in while she ults.

She can also push *really* hard once mid game rolls around, which gives her and her team a lot initiative. I've kept up with singed in terms of pushing on more than one occasion.

There's also the blackfire torch for tanky opponents, which takes a lot of the sting out of one of her biggest weaknesses (tanky opponents), and the CDR on it in TT is very welcome.

To be fair, she does have some major weaknesses too. She's very slippery *if* she's got something to shunpo to, but if it's on cooldown, or there's nothing to jump to she can't use wards like on SR, and tends to just die.

She's also squishy. I feel like I see a lot more squishy champs on TT than I used to, but maybe that's just my (pretty low) elo.

She's also only got the damage, so she falls off hard if she's behind. You pretty much have to go and farm as hard as you can and try and claw back in with a lucky reset.

By the way - with running away from teamfights, and then running back in? That's because she's a mage. All the casters have this same problem where they just sort of wander around ineffectually waiting for cooldowns, and it's just that because Kat's so short ranged, she's running away during that period instead of just sort of wandering around at the back.

Jumping back in afterwards and dying is just bad play.

The funny thing is that the matchmaking system is going to find a match for whatever you're doing consistently. I met this guy in queue who was ranting about how bad squishies are on TT. If we're in a game together, then we're at about the same level and so he's either right but bad, or good but wrong.
I'd also like to agree with everything this guy says. And he does make a serious point, if you're AP geared, then you need to get in, use your abilities, and get out. Staying in is for tanks, or people with a decent basic attack like AD scaling champions. Katarina is neither.