@Nome. Tanks need a "Black Item"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Das Strychnine

12-17-2012

So I thought, an upgrade for Sunfire cape would be nice, why don't we call it Black Sunfire Cape ?

I thought it could be something like this:

Black Sunfire Cape

Sunfire Cape + Negatron Cloak
Giants Belt
Chain Vest

Cost: 3500g

500HP
50 Armor
50 Magic Resist
+15% CDR (Because why not?)

Unique Passive: Deals 60 Magic dmg per second to enemies around you.
Black Passive (non unique): Blocks 1 enemy ability every 15 seconds. This passive stacks with other Black passives.

You can rework the passives a little bit and then maybe 2 weeks later remove the "Black passive" or tone it down to 10% CDR or remove 50HP from it.

What do you think?

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

i do think tanks need somekinda core "black"item
but i'd rather it have + 10% armor & mr black unique passive to counter the defence stacking counters a litle bid if you get my drift
and ofc not be based on sunfire but it could be more like that 800 hp thing from TT

Tempestphile

12-17-2012

finally we are getting close to having the game more balance, don't introduce another OP item..

Cauldrath

12-17-2012

Kindlegem + Negatron + Chain Vest

+400 health
+10% CDR
Passive: increase your armor and magic resist by 50 after % penetration and reduction is applied

George W Nome

Game Designer

12-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Real funny guy
you real funny guy

A Slime Appears

12-17-2012

I feel like in the spirit of cleaver it needs a stat that makes no sense on a tank. You know, how black cleaver has health on an item that screams DAMAGE NAO! Since a lot of tanks have AP ratios on their skills, maybe slap a bunch of AP on it or something.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-17-2012

Heh.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I feel like in the spirit of cleaver it needs a stat that makes no sense on a tank. You know, how black cleaver has health on an item that screams DAMAGE NAO! Since a lot of tanks have AP ratios on their skills, maybe slap a bunch of AP on it or something.
Unique passive: your abilities dependant on AP ratios have their ap ratio growth changed to 1.8 instead of whatever base it has"

Jungle Rammus

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Real funny guy
you real funny guy
I don't see the problem, as it is atm Tanks are sort of underwhlemed due to these new black items which tick at our hp are killing out viability why cant we have some black defense item ?

as the OP suggested... why not just have Black fire Cape with slightly better stats then Sunfire cape and just add a unique passive that removes DOT effects ?

Whelk

12-17-2012

If tanks got a percentage shred item it should be an AD/AP shred, perhaps on melee attack. Gives them something more proactive than just stacking defenses etc.