Twitch build thoughts?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiroikiri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

So I've been having so much fun as twitch lately, but I had to stop playing for the last month due to school & finals, thus I've missed out on a lot of the revealing of the new items. I've been looking up a lot of stuff about them, and I'd like to know your thoughts on a few things.

First, I want to tell my starting order to show my personal play style a little, I always go EWEQE, maxing R->E->Q->W

Looking at the new items, there seems to be a few that I've really got my eye on, and so how I'm thinking of building Twitch is this:

Zerkers greaves /w homebound
BT
Hurricane
The king sword, whatever it's called. XD
Other stuffs

I'm just kinda messing around with item builds, not a final build by any means, just want to see thoughts. What do you guys think?

Garmanda

12-14-2012

Horrible xD. You got the skills order right, but the items Oh gawd. The boots are ok, also it does IE, you should focus then on a Blood Thrister and a Phantom Dancer. Hurricane sucks on twitch, even when people says that it rocks, your posion doesnt do that much damage, and your ult should be already hitting all the enemy players, there is no need for Hurricane. The same for statick shiv, you should focus on dealing AD not Magic damage. You should keep buying BT and a Guardian Angel if you are dying to much or a last whisper if they have more than 112 armor. If not, black cleaver is a cool item even after its nerf.

Shiroikiri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Not the best with my ult, =p But anyways, anyone else have any thoughts? Edited the first post for my new item build.

George W Nome

Game Designer

12-15-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Yo! Big Twitch fan here.

I generally wait before getting my first ability. If there's an incoming invade or trouble brewing otherwise, it lets me pick Q at the last second. Otherwise, if I'm laning with an aggressive support like Taric or Sona, picking up W or E is great. But yes, always maxing E is the clear choice.

In terms of items, I generally suggest you either go Double Doran's --> Infinity Edge --> Phantom Dancer or Brutalizer --> Bloodthirster --> Phantom Dancer --> Youmuu's. The latter build is a great snowball build, while the former is just a safe build you can do on all ADC.

More important than build is your support. Taric is by far the best, because his armor aura helps you shrug off some poke (Twitch tends to get crapped on by someone like Ezreal, for example), while his stun + shatter combo lets you position yourself for your own combo. Since your damage is all true or physical anyway, Taric's shatter helps a lot. Otherwise, opt for a support that can mess with opponent positioning (Blitzcrank, Alistar) or inhibit movement (Lulu, Lux).

Gentleman Twitch

12-15-2012

SOTD.

Get it.

And I don't agree with "getting crapped on by Ezreal", at all. His W debuff was the only thing that made him win against Twitch. Poke is avoided well enough in lane. Get aggressive against him, kill him in the blink of an eye.

Shiroikiri

12-15-2012

Wow, red post, that's awesome. =D

Yeah, having that option of what ability to get sounds like a great idea, and I hugely agree with the supports, I had an excellent time duoing with a great Leona thanks to her stuns and allowing me to do more damage. I'm really going to have to try out that second build for sure.

Hmmm, SotD, would that work for 3 ult hits, or would it only work for one and count that as 3 if it hits 3 or more?

ThatNinjaGuy

12-15-2012

I think the hurricane at some point is worth it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

12-15-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaI Twitch View Post
SOTD.

Get it.

And I don't agree with "getting crapped on by Ezreal", at all. His W debuff was the only thing that made him win against Twitch. Poke is avoided well enough in lane. Get aggressive against him, kill him in the blink of an eye.
A good Ezreal can Arcane Shift out before your Cask lands on him. He's also very difficult to keep down, because he can always last-hit outside your engage distance.

Zinwrath

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
A good Ezreal can Arcane Shift out before your Cask lands on him. He's also very difficult to keep down, because he can always last-hit outside your engage distance.
a good twitch casks from invis. Not to say i think either one dominates the other, but ...you used the example "if the ezreal is better than the twitch, he'll win"

xKHORNExLORD420

12-16-2012

I use this build on mid twitch more or less