IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeteyPiranha

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerandpooh View Post
feel sad for iwilld... played this long and now his career is gone he has nothing left now he cant even play if he wants cuz u guys perm bann all his acct and tracks him GG... took it too far
only ragers feel bad for other ragers

Erdrik

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
Probly been suggested before, but would it help to have a line of text explaining this?
Something like:
"This case represents x% of the total number of reports against this player."

On both the tribunal judging portion AND the reform card?

davidxia

12-09-2012

The Rain Man claims that I Will Dominate has never received a ban before, only "warnings".

Is this true?
If it is, the permanent ban is probably deserved.
If not, this measure does seem somewhat extreme.

I understand that Riot is trying to send a message here, but maybe it would have been more fair if the message was delivered to the user before the entire community (assuming no bans were received before).

RagingSniper

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI Starstorm View Post
Trash player, trash attitude. Nothing of value was lost.
Ouch

n X z

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post

The decision to impact someoneís career is not one we make lightly, which is why this is tough news to deliver. Unfortunately, our Tribunal recently was forced to permanently ban a pro player as a response to his persistent toxic behavior, and after closely reviewing the individualís case and history, the Riot eSports team has issued a ruling that follows this post.
Let the career of a professional gamer be decided by some random people of tribunal seems neither legitimate nor professional to me.

As far as i know you mean to take eSports to another level. And this is not the way to go.

Yes the cases regarding IWillDominate have been reviewed by two different teams of Riot, but has IWillDominate ever been engaged personally? Was he informed about his career being at stake?

I would be very curious about the protocol how well IWillDominate was informed about further actions.
Accounts being banned is one thing, but shutting down the career of an individual is another.

Then his career is a little more than just an account.
Well yes it's "only" 1 year. But let's face it - not competing for a whole year in this business is just "game over".

Quoting bitingpig:
"Facts: ...There also have been repeated incidents of similar behavior outside the game."
So being rude IRL can get you banned? wow...

I'm really curious about the protocol in this case. Because to me it just seems like you are overreacting and using him as a scapegoat to scare the rest of the community.

It was stated twice in this post that professional players have the opportunity to show good behaviour. I understand that you wish for them to show exemplary demeanor. But opportunity and responsibility are different things.
Just like previously insta-banning Saintvicous.

I assume you are overwhelmed by all the ragers and haven't found a smart way to prevent such issues.
Tribunal was your first approach to deal with them. And it was a failure in my opinion because there was simply nothing constructive about it. Now as you can at least review the cases you actually get to know what incident you were banned for. Still not a good solution tough.
The newly introduced honor system is a good approach in my opinion. Since it's based upon rewarding people for good deeds(constructive) instead of punishing them for bad ones (destructive).

TL;DR: Was IWillDominate even informed of his whole career being at stake or was he misinformed? (assuming only his account and not his whole career was at stake)
His actions were bad, yes. But is the reaction of Riot professional or maybe even unreasonable?
Is Riot simply using his case to repel people of bad behavior as it has been the case before?

SlumlordThanatos

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n X z View Post
Let the career of a professional gamer be decided by some random people of tribunal seems neither legitimate nor professional to me.
It's no different than a jury trial. A bunch of random people decide whether or not to punish wrongdoers in our current court system, right?

If anything, IWillDominate got more chances than your average player. But at the end of the day, he is a League of Legends player like the rest of us. So having other League of Legends players decide whether or not to punish him is fitting.

SqueezeMeGently

12-14-2012

So anyone else still waiting for other 'toxic' pro players to get banned? I hope not, because it isn't going to happen. This was just some bull**** to drum up attention. I feel sorry Iwill is getting thrown under the bus to try and make a point.

ZeroKuno

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidxia View Post
The Rain Man claims..
He should be banned next if anything.

OneVendetta

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
So anyone else still waiting for other 'toxic' pro players to get banned? I hope not, because it isn't going to happen. This was just some bull**** to drum up attention. I feel sorry Iwill is getting thrown under the bus to try and make a point.
This is pretty obvious, he was toxic yeah (I hate that word, so retarded) but he didn't a deserve a permaban done publicly nor be banned from tournaments. Trying to make point in this manner just confirms what kind of company Riot is tbh, not the first time its happened.

WhatsTheDongSay

12-15-2012

So... IWillDominate is playing on a new account. How does this effect his ban? :O