Curious about how to get the Baron Nashor Icon.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glyph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I consider myself a fairly positive player... I mean, I go out of my way to be nice to other players, albeit I get angry when faced with others who're negative. How positive does one have to be? Because it seems I'm not positive enough..

FaithNHumanity

12-15-2012

I bet I don't get it

Diljic

12-15-2012

My level 20 alt account has the icon. I have never purchased RP or been given it on that account. I have probably given out less than 5 honor and I rarely if ever say anything in game, not even ggwp.

I have ~100 normal games played, the rest are co-op vs ai

2 Friendly
10 Helpful
32 Teamwork
8 Honorable Opponent

All of that said since the icons are apparently still being rolled out it is hard to nail down what the triggers until we know who isn't getting one.

Alhazrid

Recruiter

12-15-2012

This makes me kinda sad... I'm usually a very nice person in game. Never been banned/warned or anything, try to be genuinely friendly... but I rarely receive honors from people, and now methinks I may not get Santa Baron. Oh well... Red-nosed Urf is pretty cool anyway

Warlordsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I took a quick look and you probably should just be patient. It takes a few days for the first wave of icons to go out and you probably qualify.

I don't think genuinely positive players have to worry about not getting the icon--we were pretty generous when calculating the math behind these.
Do you mind taking a look at my status?
So far I have never gone in the tribunal or got a warning etc I am wondering why I did not obtain it :/.

ZeroKuno

12-15-2012

There is no need to like make this an achievement. The icon shouldn't change who you guys are but make you guys understand respecting other players. I don't want this icon to make people pretend they are people that they aren't but make them understand and learn and change that way.

Discpled

12-15-2012

Lyte, what about the double sword wreath? How did I get that?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-15-2012
16 of 56 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
There is no need to like make this an achievement. The icon shouldn't change who you guys are but make you guys understand respecting other players. I don't want this icon to make people pretend they are people that they aren't but make them understand and learn and change that way.
I view this a bit differently:

We want players to be positive in League of Legends because they are positive people and want to be positive. No matter how hardcore our players are, they still love playing with hardcore positive players instead of hardcore toxic players.

We want positive players to have a place in League of Legends that doesn't exist anywhere else in online games. Here in League, positive players will often get surprises or perks on a consistent basis just for being who they are and making our community a better place.

We're not going to give exact details or rules so players can 'fake' it this holiday to try to get the surprise. We want players to learn that they should just be consistently positive in every game they play and if they do, cool things will happen in League.

LoneWulfenstein

12-15-2012

I recently came back to LoL after a few weeks of not playing. My honorable ribbon was gone but my honor was not reset and I also didn't recieve a Santa Baron icon. Wondering if I have ever been in tribunal. To my knowledge I never have.

Lukiner

12-15-2012

sigh ....
never banned in LoL..
never received any e-mail with tribunal case on my EUW account (other account are not used except for forum typing)
never used offensive jokes or racial slurs or even never typed "easy gg nobs" in the end of game, etc etc
=
no santa baron icon. .. not cool

I played 3 games in a row in 5-man premade on SR and no Doran's Wreath Icon

same goes for honor ribbons.... my friends got ribbons for 15-20 teamplay or honorable opponents.. while I got already 30-40+ teamplay or honorable opponent and still no ribbons :<

LoL hates my EUW account