Weapons that Riot hasn't used yet for champions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

A rubber chicken

Tetroneaque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

We need a whip... or a ball and chain.

Kayleorfeed

12-15-2012

fish

CragBlade

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetroneaque View Post
We need a whip... or a ball and chain.
Sejuani uses a flail, which is pretty much a ball and a chain.

octavian1127

12-15-2012

necro

Deathgurrgle

12-15-2012

A yo-yo champ would be nice, seeing how they was used as real weapons at one point, would turn out to have some pretty awesome skills.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-15-2012
15 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrra3 View Post
Chakram.On another note, nobody really uses multiple weapon types (at once, forget Jax), such as a sword in one hand and an axe in the other. Could open up some interesting combo-based champs where you have some actual choice like Brand does with his spells.
(OK, Rengar clearly wields a couple different weapons in his splash art but nobody can tell the difference in game, right? Gangplank also obviously has a sword and a pistol but the latter is only used for spells and critical hits.)
Combo attacks, huh? The mark and the followup? The tag and the hit? The eye and the arrow? The sight and the strike? The call and the bite? The hand and the claw? The bond and the blow?

I like where this is going.

Hextech Fizz

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Combo attacks, huh? The mark and the followup? The tag and the hit? The eye and the arrow? The sight and the strike? The call and the bite? The hand and the claw? The bond and the blow?

dude, 2 words ... yordle .. duelspear

DarkslayerG

12-15-2012

Dual shields? Reflect an ability?

Nilous7

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post

I actually was thinking about that. We have a few champions who dual wield, but the fact that they dual wield is irrelevant. Akali could function with 1 sickle, Draven only gets 2 spining axes cause he uses two. Olaf has only ever uses one axe at a time. Gangplank as stated only ever uses 1 weapon at a time (traditionally his gun is just for flashy stuff). Katarina doesn't even care about what kinda weapon she's wielding, let alone the 8000 daggers on her person (which I guess explains how she keeps throwing them). Rengar visually is interesting cause of dual wielding, mechanically the same. Zed visually only uses his right hand, I think, even though he dual wields retractable katars.

So what I'd like to see is a champion who's mechanics are very heavily a reference to the fact that he/she dual wields. Maybe each ability has 2 features, a main hand ability and an off hand ability. The player has to time them between basic attacks for best result, and then go from there.
Example: "Basic sword attack: main hand - flat damage + percent ad; off hand- lower flat damage and lower ad scaling, but a slow"
So I attack, my ability can now slow, or i wait til 2nd attack is over for more nuke.