Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

12-15-2012
1 of 38 Riot Posts

Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.

EDIT: UPDATE 1

Hey folks, first update on progress with Sejuani here. Since the original post I've gathered a bunch of feedback, particularly through threads like this, and tried out various changes in internal playtests, some of which have tested well, some of which haven't and some of which are still works in progress. The goal of these changes is to try and maintain what people like about Sejuani while adding a bit more perceived impact/readability to her abilities, increasing her opportunities for big plays (and, if needed to balance that, adding a bit more counterplay in exchange) and investigating a bit of increased use of her boar/flail as thematic elements if appropriate.

Examples of things that have already tested well and are likely to be part of her rework (generally low risk quality of life improvements):

1. Changing the mark for Permafrost from a very weak slow to a non CC debuff. This allows allows the mark's duration to be extended to a longer value than would be appropriate for a slow and stops the mark from having a reduced duration against targets with CC.

2. A clearer particle for that mark so it's really clear at any point which enemies will be affected by Permafrost's activation.

3. Slightly increased responsiveness on Artic Assualt when it comes to detecting collisions with enemies and calculating travel through terrain, courtesy of some tech improvements since her development.

Examples of things still in testing (being experimented with to see if they work, not guaranteed to happen):

1. Base stat tweaks

2. Adding a bit of tankiness somewhere on the kit to better match Sejuani's thematics (tough warrior on a giant boar) and reduce the amount of damage she takes early on.

3. Changes to Artic Assault's behaviour on hitting an enemy champion (e.g. stronger CC than just a slow)

4. Whether Northern Winds should apply the mark for Permafrost and then have its gameplay tweaked (since the current 'bonus damage against Frosted targets' interaction would then be irrelevant)

5. Increasing risk of play slightly and in exchange increasing reward for good play to match.

The next step design side is simply more testing and iteration, both on the examples listed above and some other stuff. Then, once we've got a set of changes we're happy with, we'll refine those, balance them and, where needed then work with our art department on new visual/audio elements (e.g. the clearer mark for Permafost as above). As previously mentioned there's also some interest internally in tweaking Sejuani's appearance a bit. That's not my area of expertise so I'll try and catch IronStylus at some point and see if there's anything concrete about that can be passed on about that. As far as timeframe for all of this goes there's still a fair while to go - I expect we'll see at least one other rework out before Sejuani's. Stuff is progressing though and I'll update again in a while once we've got things more locked down design side.

EDIT: UPDATE 2

Hi all, just a short update this time. We're currently investigating some options on the visual side of things and looking at how those tie in with gameplay. Stuff's still going on and we haven't forgotten this thread, nothing new and concrete to discuss yet though, will update when there is or again after a while.

Saphíra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

She's really team reliant and squishy, both of which are really bad in solo queue.

Vanille

12-15-2012

Useless without her ult. Very squishy and just boring, imho.

OneVendetta

12-15-2012

1. I dont know

2. I like it

3. Her mana costs and cooldowns

EDIT: wtf with the downvotes? It's my opinion =_=

ValiantValor

12-15-2012

I think her charge could cause a small knock back or something to that degree on champs. but other than that I don't have many problems. Love the new items with her

Rain13ow Dash

12-15-2012

Feels useless without ult up, I think some kind of defensive steroid of sorts would help out a lot.

Pleasant

12-15-2012

Shes supposed to be a tank but feels way to squishy. She also has no real damage to make her useful or to make up for said squishiness.

Prof Nekko

12-15-2012

well I've said in other threads that Sejuani's not too bad, but there are some issues that should be addressed. Her early game is a little squishy for a sustainless jungler, and her E is somewhat weak for a conditional spell as it is. I'd say tweak up her raitios and innate tankyness a bit and she should be fine

Insentience

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeltyrTheTroll View Post
She's really team reliant and squishy, both of which are really bad in solo queue.
What

How is a champion being 'team reliant' a bad thing?

Eisenkrieger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I really feel like her passive is underwhelming. I mean, a 10% slow on a frost champion? Can we make it something more visceral?

Edit: Also, I don't know if having her main damaging move scaling off health is a good idea, it really seems like her ap ratios were cut down to make up for the fact that she could do so much damage by just stacking hp