A Theory on the Shadow Isles and it's Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteMeGood

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
I reckon it'd be cool if in the lore the old TT map had been decommissioned with the new one being its replacement in part so that the League could have a greater presence in the Shadow Isles to find out what kind of threat it posed. It'd be better than the straight retcon that's happening, Maokai and Nocturnes lores wouldn't need changing or anything!
Also, it gives the Shadow Isles a proper means of mediation. Chances are the League can pull another Kalamanda on the Isles but seeing the effects of the Rune Wars. They give the Isles the Fields of Justice to help ensure any disputes the SI be settled through their champions rather than through the army of the undead.

Shadow Wolf 47

12-14-2012

Wait....what do the altars say to hecarim?

Morec0

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 47 View Post
Wait....what do the altars say to hecarim?
West Altar:

Quote:
"Remember who you once were, Hecarim!"

"Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim!"

"I aid you because I must, Hecarim."
East Altar:

Quote:
"Lead our charge Hecarim, and let the living tremble!"

"They will fear the thundering hooves of the dead!"

HerbaNoctis

12-15-2012

It's pretty well established that the curse of the Shadow Isles came around during the first Rune War, look at Yorick's lore.
What really keeps bringing me back to Void+SI is Elise's login. "death was another world and I was at it's door," seems to speak of the Shadow Isles being similar to Icathia in being a sort of... portal between worlds.

Xoripan

12-20-2012

Too cool to be real

The Illusionaryy

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
Karthus is death. Mordekaiser is Pestilence. Hecarim is War. We have yet to see Famine. Yorick is Conquest or the harbinger of the four of them.
How'd Morde be Pestilence?

MrMegido

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitThought View Post
and Evelynn, though it's possible that her vampirism is simply a byproduct of her lineage (maybe her parents were vampires/had vampiric abilities themselves).
Does anyone else notice that the Blade of the Ruined King has a life-steal property? Not only that but It deals damage based on max health and HEALS you for half of that?

I think Eve is the child of the ruined king, hence the vampirism between the both.

Just to throw a little more thought provoking tid-bits out there, if she captures an alter they may say "For the King" which could be in reference to the fact that you would say something around the children of the king to influence them positively towards the greatness of there father. Just a thought.

Ruahi

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusionaryy View Post
How'd Morde be Pestilence?
just by the way he keeps talking about sickness i guess