@RiotNome, Season 2 reward borders

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George W Nome

Game Designer

12-14-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I'll follow up on this.

Boo

12-14-2012

also while you're at it, don't call people worthless please ty

Litose

12-14-2012

the borders are worthless

scazzaf

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'll follow up on this.
You have no idea how happy this just made me.
Christmas just came early for TT players!

DuffTime

12-14-2012

I thought I would get my diamond border in all Q's, which is why I didn't try to get platinum in Solo Q.

Kinda makes me regret playing TT.

scazzaf

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffTime View Post
I thought I would get my diamond border in all Q's, which is why I didn't try to get platinum in Solo Q.

One step at a time.
It would be huge for us to get our proper borders in 3s normals games, and with any luck Nome is working on that right now (Thank you!)

I think the next step is to allow custom games to just show the highest of all the borders achieved. But this isn't necessarily a necessity, getting the right borders for 3s normals is however. In an ideal situation, all normal games and customs would show the highest of all borders. Normals and customs are for fun and practice, no one is going to get demoralized by seeing a high elo border in a normal/custom, and people with high solo elos already have that privilege.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying our 3v3 border should show up in ranked solo or premade 5s, but I'd like to see some equality towards 3s players in normals ad customs at least. After all, Riot has said they want to promote the 3v3 game mode, but there's not a whole lot of reasons to choose it over summoners rift seeing as we always get the short stick and end up being treated as if we are inferior to SR players.

seajaydub

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffTime View Post

Same here. I hit diamond in 3s and then left my solo q ranking at 1800. They told us highest elo would receive rewards. Not fair to change things with less than a month left in season.

Skias

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
also while you're at it, don't call people worthless please ty
Latch onto this and make something little into a much bigger more rediculous thing. I'm sure you say worse things to others during games.

Wrathofrecca

12-15-2012

I too would love this fixed.

Öne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

5v5 solo q skill counts but you know, 3v3 is totally different so..