I'm about to give up doing Tribunal...

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CptCupCakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliphied View Post
Lyte has said many times, replying to ******baggery with ******baggery is not acceptable.

Also, punishment is not a zero-sum game. Just because one guy gets punished for being a jerk doesn't mean that the bigger jerk in that game won't get punished.
Exactly! More people need to realize this. Bad behavior is bad behavior.

ShriekmawFoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeRaptorr View Post
spam punish acquire 90% accuracy
Odd since this one is a Pardon that should have been a Punish. Have people switched to spamming Pardon?!?!

Really if you do Tribunal don't get too giddy about your accuracy streak because anomalies like this will happen. Turns out the players are judged by the players, its not a set system where if you say so and so words or do so and so things you'll be punished.

Firrox

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliphied View Post
Lyte has said many times, replying to ******baggery with ******baggery is not acceptable.
Well be that as it may, I can get pretty POd too when someone is trolling me and then my team sides with them(be it premade or just not seeing what they're doing) to be pretty annoying. I don't do tribunal but I would have a hard time trying to punish someone who has only two games on report, both with a single report from an ally, one game has said one thing that should probably be punishable and another in which he clearly got the short end of the stick.

What we don't see are the games he does well and could possibly be a very nice player and a joy to play with and against, we all have bad days and forgiveness is a part of the tribunal for a reason.

Fenix9000

12-14-2012

He got angry at hiim for costing him a game changing mistake, are you saying you've never gotten angry at anyone? Especially when it changes the game from a possible/definite win to a loss?
Other game, did you only read HIS chat? sounds like you did, look at nid's chat too before you judge.
This is one instance where i think the tribunal did its job, wher they understand that some people get angry occasionally, instead of expecting every pplayer to have the meditation/ anger shrugging skills like a fictional character.
You seem like the kind of person who wouldnt allow anyone to get angry over anything, like saying Jews arent allowed to curse Hitler.

SqueezeMeGently

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firrox View Post
Well be that as it may, I can get pretty POd too when someone is trolling me and then my team sides with them(be it premade or just not seeing what they're doing) to be pretty annoying. I don't do tribunal but I would have a hard time trying to punish someone who has only two games on report, both with a single report from an ally, one game has said one thing that should probably be punishable and another in which he clearly got the short end of the stick.

What we don't see are the games he does well and could possibly be a very nice player and a joy to play with and against, we all have bad days and forgiveness is a part of the tribunal for a reason.
But they are mad brah! You must punish him! He said bad things in one game!

Fenix9000

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
But they are mad brah! You must punish him! He said bad things in one game!
50 bucks says u will get up votes because GD doesn't get the joke

ShriekmawFoo

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix9000 View Post
You seem like the kind of person who wouldnt allow anyone to get angry over anything, like saying Jews arent allowed to curse Hitler.
For sure, the Jews cursing Hitler is exactly the same as raging on someone for stealing your CS or missing a snare.

CptCupCakez

12-14-2012

Quote:
Other game, did you only read HIS chat? sounds like you did, look at nid's chat too before you judge.

I see absolutely nothing that makes it ok for him to call someone autistic...

Also, did you really just compare picking a second mid to the horrific acts of Hitler? You sir, are ridiculous. Sure you can get angry about stuff. Don't rage and curse at your teammates and opponents. Or at least do it verbally where only you can hear it. There's not place for it in this games chat.

Viliphied

12-14-2012

Quote:
He got angry at hiim for costing him a game changing mistake, are you saying you've never gotten angry at anyone? Especially when it changes the game from a possible/definite win to a loss?
This is one instance where i think the tribunal did its job, wher they understand that some people get angry occasionally, instead of expecting every pplayer to have the meditation/ anger shrugging skills like a fictional character.
"But he's doing it too!" is not, has never been, and will never be an acceptable excuse for bad behavior.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

12-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We keep a close eye on cases like this, so we can see why they would be frustrating.

There's a pretty simple explanation for what's going on here though, and hopefully after I share it with you then you'll be a little less discouraged.

Think of it like this.

Imagine there are 1000 tribunal voters.

80% of those tribunal voters are pretty consistent voters.
10% of those tribunal voters are more strict than usual.
10% of those tribunal voters are more lenient than usual.

Usually, what happens is that Tribunal Case is created, and you get a mix of all of these voters and it creates a favorable outcome.

However, given that the voters chosen for a case are random, in rare instances you will have cases where most of the voters are more lenient and forgiving.

This can lead to situations like this where we may see a case pardoned where the actual behavior can be questionable.

But don't fret just yet.

Players who are consistently toxic will end up in the Tribunal again, in rather short order too. So, while they've been given a brief respite and a chance to show they're not toxic; ultimately if they never end up changing their toxic behavior, then they will keep getting sent to the Tribunal until they're judged guilty.

1234567 ... 9