Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stinglord

12-14-2012

realy messed up dianas Pale Cascade with reducing the aoe and the orb hit box doesen't hit anything anymore except if it's right on top of you

Lansi1ng

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinglord View Post
realy messed up dianas Pale Cascade with reducing the aoe and the orb hit box doesen't hit anything anymore except if it's right on top of you
That orb hit box need to be fixed and pale cascade should be put back to normal.

ZedexHS

12-14-2012

This is just my own opinion as a Diana player. Thank goodness she did get the nerf, but I think that her "E" needs to have it's original range, but the slow on her "E" seems to be what causes a large amount of trouble. Though the slow IS nice for escaping, Diana is very high DPS and players should learn when to put her in combat a little better.

ZedexHS

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
In trying to avoid some knee-jerk reactions it really looks like you guys did some...

Diana just got bent over in this update. She was strong, don't get me wrong, but yet again you hit the damage and her range instead of fixing the actual problem; her mana costs are almost nonexistent. Actually punishing her for missing abilities would be a much better nerf than just dropping her range so low. She's actually shorter range than Akali now, who has no skillshot requirement to use her dash repeatedly.

Feel bad for Rengar too. Damage nerfs or heal nerfs, but both at once? Ouch. Not to mention his stealth time increased. For a champion with no escape outside his stealth (even Twitch's slow is at least AoE) to have his tankiness, sustain, and damage all nerfed on the same ability, that's pretty harsh. His jungle is going to be brutal now. His AoE clear ability just lost damage and sustain.
I agree with this a lot. However, I'm not sure what to think about the mana costs. I think early game the mana costs are fine, but as a Diana player, she needs no mana items lategame at all. I think that the nerf shouldn't be to her OVERALL mana cost, but the mana cost of abilities when you level them up. That said, the mana cost on Diana's ult is way too low given that she can use it twice at once if she hits her Q. Otherwise you are completely right and I agree with your view on the Rengar nerf.

Tempname281

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Just played an ARAM with Fiora, and the blade waltz fix did nothing. Niether the mana nor the CD was refunded despite being supressed before it did anything.

CJTHeroofTime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

@Riot

Was the ability to proc Liandry's Torment with autoattacks via Spellsword mastery removed this patch?

Anubis1987

12-14-2012

yet another nerf to rengar are you ever going to make rengar at least balanced

Morello

Lead Designer

12-14-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junmita View Post
What the hell, teemo nerfs?

Forcing people to build attack speed builds huh? nice way to improve the game

i ****ing love AP teemo, you ruined fun with this
Being OP is fun, that's true, but we do have to address it

Tìffany

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Being OP is fun, that's true, but we do have to address it
and it what way was Zyra OP? T_T

Sirelliots

12-14-2012

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02OXMDtf3Y
Diana reaction