Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
The Lux discussion is right now on back-burner for me because I am literally only at the front end of that pipeline and full up working on 5 different things. What's happening now is a discussion between people much closer to skin release decisions and other calls. There's context that I'm actually unable to comment about right now. It sucks, because I want to clarify, but there's very little I can say on the topic aside from "message received" and wait to see what the feedback from PBE and the forums brings to our producers.
Aww, shucks, I told ya I didn't need a reply. Thanks, though! I'm a little disappointed, because it sounds like our feedback isn't going to actually effect the final product. Can you at least pop into that thread and make some mention about the extent to which the community's points have changed the skin? A lot or a little, we'd still like to know.

If not, that's fine. I get that Riot is still sorting out their "what to say when" policies, and beyond that you seem to have plenty on your plate. If nothing else, I hope you'll be able to type out a real thumper later on~

Xlcontiqu

12-14-2012

Does this mean that Karma is only get a visual rework and not a skill rework?

Garlyle Wilds

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlcontiqu View Post
Does this mean that Karma is only get a visual rework and not a skill rework?
Karma's getting a skill rework. Guinsoo's been dropping bits and pieces about changes he's experimented with every month or so for quite a while.

Last we heard was basically that he considers her OP, and that (at least the current plan is) she'll only have one Mantra, but with much bigger effects.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Thanks for the reply Grumpy Monkey I understand that there are a lot of factors at work. Again it's just worrying when the majority of talk surrounds Karma and Trundle particularly if one hasn't seen you guys comment specifically on the state of other remakes yet. I usually keep up to date on devtracker but I must have missed any updates on Sivir etc confirming they are being worked on, sorry for the hassle. :x

Destrucshot

12-14-2012

I appreciate you giving us this info Reds, it keeps the ravenous horde like myself at bay :P

Going back to Karma though, I am so excited to hear that you are keeping her coloured skin the way it is, but I have a question in terms of her new art "direction"; Is the look of her spells/art/model orientated around balance? Is she still an appropriate yin-and-yang spiritual warrior who meditates and unleashes awesome powers to save allies and smite foes?

Is she still Karma? Where is her new art direction taking her?

Fun Things

12-14-2012

Fix Udyr too! He's one of my favorites and he looks a little clunky.

FH Jellybean

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Gonna Debunk some of these myths. Trundle and Karma are both being worked on for a visual upgrade.
I want Trundle (and his skins) to be something more than what they are. As for skill reworks, I am not sure, a designer would be more apt to shed light on that one.

Will you be reworking the visual of junkyard trundle skin? I personally think it is better than Slugger Trundle, but it still looks bad. Trundle was my first main jungle and have always enjoyed playing him but I always looked down on the way he looked.

SONlC

12-14-2012

So are Trundle and Karma getting just a visual upgrade, or are they also getting a new skill and move set?

One small question about trundle, are you going to be chaging his characters anatomy or making him look like a higher quality champion as you did with Twisted Fate and Nidalee?

I'm really excited about this, just like I am with everything else you bring out. The artwork for this game is just spectacular and I love it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

12-14-2012
14 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirkana View Post
Will you be reworking the visual of junkyard trundle skin? I personally think it is better than Slugger Trundle, but it still looks bad. Trundle was my first main jungle and have always enjoyed playing him but I always looked down on the way he looked.
Last one for the night. Nirkana, Yes, Trundle's skins will be upgraded as well. Just like Soraka, Twisted Fate, and Nidalee's were. Spread the word, I have a feeling this one will keep coming up

Kingbob12

12-14-2012

Will trundle finally get a new skin with the visual updates? jUDGE tRUNDLE wHERE