Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logizzzle

12-14-2012

Karma is one of my favourite champions, i love her skins, especially the Sakura one, thanks to who ever made karma and her skins

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful.
Go back and read about him.
He's the runt of his tribe, he's supposed to be scrawny and weak looking.

He was picked on and bullied constantly by his tribe..
And he still took their curse fully into himself.

Trundle's lore, scrawny goblin-esque proportions, and grossness of disease are what make him awesome, it blends well.

He needs an improved model, but he doesn't need a massive overhaul.
Don't take away what uniqueness Trundle has.

If the problem is that you think you're showing trolls wrong, bring in another troll that isn't a runt.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2012
11 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
So you're saying his model is worse than Sivirs? >_> yeah i'm putting words in your mouth :P but I still feel that champions that actually require new models like Sivir and Yi should be given priority over champions you feel would really benefit from a visual remake. Simply put you place Trundle and Karma next to Nami and Vi and their models while not as detailed do hold up, Sivir and Yi, not even slightly, it's simply a joke.
We do have a few things going on at the same time. As we've said before Yi and Sivir are both priorities. I've done work on both of them.

Rauron

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Here here.
I know you know this, but the Lux skin thing is still a thing. We're waiting. I accept the downvotes this will bring, and don't require a response from ya; just wanted to make sure it's still near the front of your brain~

On topic: I really hope Trundle's lore is respected, for the same reasons I want his most endearing traits respected. His character is a cohesive whole, and anything that gets changed needs to be explained thoroughly, preferably before those changes are finalized. Transparency was what made Riot so fantastic, and it can still be if y'all speak openly with us!

Enforcer Vi

12-14-2012

Quote:
We do have a few things going on at the same time. As we've said before Yi and Sivir are both priorities. I've done work on both of them.
Good because they need it BADLY! Also Taric. Our Gem Knight needs some love too. And not the kind he gets from Ezreal. ;3

Vonriel

12-14-2012

Quote:
Hi.

I'm also here to debunk. With Grumpy Monkey's inspiration and initial drawings I did Trundle's new concept.

*Drops the mic. Walks off the stage.*
Don't suppose we can see it somewhere...?

Also, why would you abuse poor Mike? What did he ever do to you that required you drop him and then just walk away?

Praetercentor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

It's nice to hear that one of my conceptually favorite champions isn't going to be cleaned up or simply pigeonholed as a "strong monster" type.

For me, Trundle's grossness is essential not just because it's cool and different, but because it reflects his struggles and rejections as a character. Going back and looking at Trundle's lore(especially his League Judgment), all of it reads like tragedy to me. His in-game lines even sound like the kind of things someone would say to mask or ignore the kind of pain and suffering he's been through. Trundle's more horrifying appearance has always stood out to me as a mark of his status as the ultimate outcast. That is, as a troll in Runeterra, as the plague-bearer of his people, and as one of the least popular champions in League of Legends.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2012
12 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
I know you know this, but the Lux skin thing is still a thing. We're waiting. I accept the downvotes this will bring, and don't require a response from ya; just wanted to make sure it's still near the front of your brain~

On topic: I really hope Trundle's lore is respected, for the same reasons I want his most endearing traits respected. His character is a cohesive whole, and anything that gets changed needs to be explained thoroughly, preferably before those changes are finalized. Transparency was what made Riot so fantastic, and it can still be if y'all speak openly with us!
The Lux discussion is right now on back-burner for me because I am literally only at the front end of that pipeline and full up working on 5 different things. What's happening now is a discussion between people much closer to skin release decisions and other calls. There's context that I'm actually unable to comment about right now. It sucks, because I want to clarify, but there's very little I can say on the topic aside from "message received" and wait to see what the feedback from PBE and the forums brings to our producers.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

12-14-2012
13 of 15 Riot Posts

exe3 I want to let you know that Relaunch Team is very much aware about Sivir and Yi, and any other champions that the community feels needs a Visual Upgrade. I have said this before but I'll say it again because I know the Sivir thing is going to come up again and again. The visual rework schedule is based on a few factors, not just "Who is the Ugliest?" although that is a big factor. But Just because I make a new Sivir model, doesen't mean it's gonna ship next patch. What if there are things that Lore wants to do, or Design? or Animation? Every Relaunch requires effort from all the disciplines, it's very much a group effort. So I want you to know that Sivir is on the list, and we are very much aware of her artistic state. But Design and Lore want to take a look at her (as they should) to gauge the extent of her rework. We have not forgotten about Sivir, or Yi, or Sion, or Nunu, or... (name one of the original 40 etc.) But Relaunch is a small team and we are working on New champs at the same time. I was working on Nami the same time I was working on Nidalee for example.

exe3

12-14-2012

Quote:
That's good to hear. It's just worrying when most Red talk about visual reworks seem to surround Karma and now Trundle rather than others that truly do desperately need them.