Riot, I would like some clarification on the Teemo nerfs

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yfrappefort

Senior Member

12-13-2012

As you guys know, Teemo got nerfed :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Teemo
  • Toxic Shot
    • Ability Power ratio on impact reduced to 0.3 from 0.4
  • Noxious Trap
    • Damage reduced at later ranks to 200/325/450 from 200/400/600
I'll try to explain the nerfs to the best of my understanding. They nerfed his mushrooms because of two things :

a) Liandry's Torment synergized too well with his mushrooms
b) Oracle duration being reduced to 5 minutes

Now, I have three questions for Riot.

1. If the mushrooms did too much damage (assuming they really did), why not nerf the AP ratio instead of the base damage?

In season 3, we were told that items and mastery would increase build diversity and play style.

However, with the nerf to the base damage of the mushrooms, it penalizes even further anyone who is not playing AP Teemo. Not everyone play AP Teemo (he can also be played on-hit, bruiser, hybrid, etc.) nor does everyone build Liandry's Torment. By doing this, you are narrowing Teemo players to play only AP, since any other build will be less effective.

2. Xypherous told us that, with the new Runaan's Hurricane item, he would love to see Teemo become an "aoe mage". If so, then why nerf the AP ratio on his E, his main source of damage?

I think Teemo's issue is that his poison does too much damage early, and not enough end game. Then why nerf his AP ratio and make Teemo's late game even more unstable instead of adjusting the early game number? His short range makes him already hard to even use as an aoe mage to begin with.

3. Why would you nerf a champion solely because of items?

Let's face it, the only reason Teemo is getting nerfed is because of some of the new items. I think nerfing a champion based on the items a player MIGHT get is a very bad move. If anything, the item should be nerfed, not the champion.

I'dd love some clarification on these nerfs, because I just don't understand them, and I think they go against the philosophy that Riot wanted to instore in season 3, which is to improve player’s choice, and not reduce them.

I'll also leave a link to another very valid post featuring some issues about the nerfs : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=runaan

One of the quote included in this post :

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry13aals View Post
It's the perfect example of a QQ nerf instead of one based on actual champion strength. "New S3 items made him OP" - then where are the Riven/Talon/Urgot/Veigar/LB nerfs? If the on-hit items were too much, nerf his E by itself. Liandry's + mushroom? If you're balancing Teemo around getting that item, you're pretty much forcing all Teemos to build Liandry's in order to not be playing an underpowered champ.
Some baits for the live team : Solcrushed, Xypherous, Statikk, Classick, Meddler, FeralPony, Scarizard, Roku, Geeves, SmashGizmo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torchlyte

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Agreed on all points, great post.

Personally I played onhit and bruiser Teemo, both of which did not need the shroom nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yfrappefort

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchlyte View Post
Agreed on all points, great post.

Personally I played onhit and bruiser Teemo, both of which did not need the shroom nerf.
Thank you, and agreed on your point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tesla21

Member

12-13-2012

Because everyone wanted Teemo deleted. Riot couldnt officially delete him so they made sure no1 would play him ever again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintessence

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Teemo needed the nerfs due to all of the power he gained with the new items/item nerfs.

edit: you kids are just butthurt that you can't abuse him anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yfrappefort

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
Teemo needed the nerfs due to all of the power he gained with the new items/item nerfs.

edit: you kids are just butthurt that you can't abuse him anymore.
Abuse him? Sorry, but only bad players are getting abused by his mushrooms.

*hint* The reason we never see him in competitive *hint*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophia1999

Junior Member

12-13-2012

I agree with OP, these nerfs are huge and would effectively remove teemo from usage.

At any rate, I would like a refund on the teemo skins that I have paid for. If this nerf goes ahead, it would be better to delete him so that I can get my RP back.

Any comments from staff about this would be appreciated. Right now, it seems that they have a policy of ignoring any Teemo related posts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Averforge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
Teemo needed the nerfs due to all of the power he gained with the new items/item nerfs.

edit: you kids are just butthurt that you can't abuse him anymore.
quint im a horrible player who knows pretty much nothing about the game so please explain to me how is teemo overpowered? why is he op? what makes him so much better then every other champion in the league? im getting damned tired of these Q.Q posts that just say the same thing over and over when teemo is so damn easily countered by ANYONE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwisatz Haderach

Senior Member

12-13-2012

what's funny is that they already hit both the damage and the cooldown of his shrooms in the past...are we dealing with item powercreep or something?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Brimscone

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Abuse him? Sorry, but only bad players are getting abused by his mushrooms.

*hint* The reason we never see him in competitive *hint*
Solo queue can't really be compared to competitive team play. Teemo's a lot stronger in the more chaotic and often less coordinated environment random teammates creates. He did have a 52%+ winrate at the end of last season after all.

That said, this huge chunk they're taking from him seemed way too harsh, at least all at once. Why not mete it out a little at a time until he strikes a better balance?


12345 ... 10