Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPPBOverlord

12-13-2012

Can u gift champions you already own, like that u bought with ip?

nanga da1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

can you gift champions to people using IP ? or must it only be RP

Hyocaso

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanga da1 View Post
can you gift champions to people using IP ? or must it only be RP
Only using RP. Money, money, money. They only want us to spend more, and more, and more money. IP don't give them money, so you can't use it to gift something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
A maximum of 3 RP gifts and 3 gifts of other types can be sent per day
Or I am wrong? I'll see that once I've updated my LoL. If I am wrong I must ask pardon.

Whyte Fang

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et?rnal Demon View Post
This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does is letting you do it from your account instead of his.
Why do so many people complain about gifting RP and IP. Is the game being free and anti-pay to play not enough? You people are literally jewing Riot Games. Buying RP is what keeps the game free. Hosting a game is not free. The whole point of a game is to make money. How do they even keep a game going without any products to exchange for real life currency. It's the cycle of every game and so far Riot's doing a pretty good job keeping the game from becoming pay-to-win. If you don't want Riot to sell RP products then you might as well say bye bye to LoL and the community.

Hyocaso

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Fang View Post
Why do so many people complain about gifting RP and IP. Is the game being free and anti-pay to play not enough? You people are literally jewing Riot Games. Buying RP is what keeps the game free. Hosting a game is not free. The whole point of a game is to make money. How do they even keep a game going without any products to exchange for real life currency. It's the cycle of every game and so far Riot's doing a pretty good job keeping the game from becoming pay-to-win. If you don't want Riot to sell RP products then you might as well say bye bye to LoL and the community.
You are right. But you are also wrong.

League of Legends is a game free to play. To maintain the server, Riot need money, so they sell products inside LoL. They do offers, events and other strategies to obtain money, because they need it to maintain the game, and to have some profit (because League of Legends isn't only a game, it's a bussiness for them, and all of us know that).

First of all we are not complaining about they looking for money. At least neither me or some people in previous post. What we are doing is giving our point of view, and asking.

Second, it's alright if they want to obtain money. They need it. What we are asking is some middle point between they gaining money and us, the users, having fun and enjoying some event. We are not asking them to have ALL free. But also we are asking them not to be greedy.

In example. Maybe I'm mistaked about how works all this gift-thing. I though we can't use IP for a champion as a gift, but maybe we can. But in case that we can't use IP for buying champions for our friends, I was asking them to let us do it. They can gain money with those that buy some skin for their friends. They can gain money with those that buy RP for their friends. They even gain money for the few people that spend their RP buying a champion for their friends. They lose some money if let us use IP in a champion-gift? Yes, a little, but still gain money. What all need to be money, money, money, instead of a event where they gain money, and we enjoy, all of us, not only the people that can buy.

Flydx1234

12-13-2012

Can you use the rp someone sent you to send them back champions/skins you bought with that rp?

Prepaul

12-13-2012

can you gift IP? like, can they purchase a champion with ip and gift that?

Dynaax

12-13-2012

it says no banned accounts can send gifts... does that mean currently banned or accounts that have been banned before?

Hai Im Gokuo

12-13-2012

Yea This is Awesome

TheVitaminD

12-13-2012

When will the Gifting Center be open?