Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-12-2012
12 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGotzSwagga View Post
Hey Hippalus, Can you gift 50% half off champions/skins?
Yes, any champion or skin in the store can be gifted at its current price. The feature doesn't yet work with bundles or other types of content - look for that in future upgrades.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Badguy View Post
Yo Hippalus, I've got one for you. I kind of take issue with a specific line in this post and feel It's inappropriate- But I want your input on it.

"You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it"

At first glance, this line appears holiday themed and harmless, but underneath It's... Really biting and insulting. I pinged some friends in a few communities and all of them found it really... distasteful. With all the talk about gifting old LE skins to friends and stuff recently, did you guys really need to phrase it like that? It makes it sound like you're purposefully biting at people that want to gift LE skins and stuff like that. You could have approached it from a technical or logistical viewpoint, but you guys kind of approached in a really... less than classy way, it feels like.

Can you maybe allay some of those fears that that was a specifically targeted comment?
At first glance, this line appears holiday themed and harmless, but when you read waaaaay too much into it, you get this really twisted and convoluted explanation.

Thug

12-12-2012

any chance the patch will be tonight?

Tarfu

12-12-2012

This shouldn't be temp, and when will this be in place?

Eon Icefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I have a question concerning skins, though I don't know if you guys can/will answer it.

Last year, some/most skins from both halloween and snowdown had special spell effects here n there to further show off their 'holiday-ness'....Yet at least one was left unloved.
Mistletoe LeBlanc. No mistletoe chain, no mistletoe shaped Q/Q Mark, no Wreathe marker for her W....
Why? Seems to me that's a missed opportunity to give her holiday skin that extra pizzaz that almost everyone else's skins got.....unless you guys ARE working on it? Cause I know the thread from last year was kept up for 6+ months before it finally died off because you guys never gave any response

Icy Prinny

12-12-2012

So wait. . .is this going into the patch tonight Hippalus?

Aka: Tonights patch will contain this, AND the holiday themed skins of this year and last?

Loli Doc

12-12-2012

The only thing that bugs me in that system is that you can't gift a skin (or champion) that you own but never use.. Maybe someday *dreams*

Godplank

12-12-2012

This is pretty lame. I'm lvl 16 and my friend is going through the tutorial as I type this. I just wanted to gift him a cheap champ, but I can't "for my own protection." How does that make any sense? x.x

M II IL IK

12-12-2012

how many champions are getting new skins?

Angelique

12-12-2012

This feature should be permanent and then fine tuned. All it does is make you more money Riot..