[Champion Concept] Helba The Master of Chaos

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pumpkin Raven

12-08-2012

This is a good champion idea, and it is very respectable. But her Q and W cooldown is long so i think like a second chipped off would be much better, while on the contrary her E either needs less damage or a longer cooldown. I really like how you made it to where if they let her in the league they had to let Dante in as well. Can you check out my champion pleez? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2843908&page=2

NobSaiboot

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Raven View Post
This is a good champion idea, and it is very respectable. But her Q and W cooldown is long so i think like a second chipped off would be much better, while on the contrary her E either needs less damage or a longer cooldown. I really like how you made it to where if they let her in the league they had to let Dante in as well. Can you check out my champion pleez? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2843908&page=2
Chip the cooldowns a little bit?...Should be fine. And...Did I make it so that was the case? I just thought Dante had become part of the league then she popped up. :3

NobSaiboot

12-08-2012

Shameless bump.

Pumpkin Raven

12-08-2012

ah i didnt realize, but yes if they had 1 they needed the other and dont forget virder.

Neowolf24

12-09-2012

Well since you reviewed my champion Akecheta I wanted to return the favor but there really isn't much that hasn't already been said. I usually like to try and recommend an already existing champion that is similar in role or design to give you some perspectives on how you can better your suggestions, but this champion is fairly unique. I will try and give you some melee AP to look at though.

Kassadin http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...he_void_walker

Though he is not actually a bruiser, he has a lot in common with the theme of your champion. He is really an excellent anti-caster so I thought he might give you some interesting ideas.

Cho'Gath http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...or_of_the_void

Cho'Gath really doesn't have much in this champion unfortunately. I just mention him because he is the one AP melee I have a lot of experience with as he is part of my main champion roster (I play Volibear, Riven, Cho'gath, Jax and AD Sion right now). He is a very durable AP bruiser with high sustain and a lot of CC at his command. I decided to mention him because it might give you some ideas on how to implement an ability with Crowd Control aspects into you melee bruiser if you wish.

Rumble http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...hanized_menace

I don't really know much about Rumble as I have never been able to play him. From what I have read about him and seen out of him from other players though, he might be able to help you gain some perspective on the AP Bruiser role. I do know he is one of the biggest lane bullies in the game.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, but everybody else beat me to the punch. It sucks because bruisers are the one area I excel in.

NobSaiboot

12-09-2012

Safety bump.

ChaosDK

12-11-2012

I like this Champion overall, Also the idea of Welcome Chaos - R, Though it could some rearrangement's. Everyone loves a good read, so yes I'd love a deeper Lore, the concept is smoothly done. Hope to see her in the fields of justice.

NobSaiboot

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mėtsurugi View Post
I like this Champion overall, Also the idea of Welcome Chaos - R, Though it could some rearrangement's. Everyone loves a good read, so yes I'd love a deeper Lore, the concept is smoothly done. Hope to see her in the fields of justice.

Thanks man. ^^

Osprii

12-12-2012

Hey Cryoshell. This is Osprii, you just reviewed my champion, Nahuatl.

Anyway, on with the review.

The innate is quite powerful. I realize it only gains 5% of the MR drain as AP when 5 champions are around and a full 25% with only one champion around, if I understand correctly. That is not what concerns me. What concerns me is that everyone starts with 30 mr, right? And Fiddle decreases enemy MR by 10. That's it. At level 1, that is about 33% of enemy MR, less than what Helba drains, and he doesn't gain AP from it. At level 18, 10 is waaaaaaay less than 35% of enemy MR, since melee units gain a bit and most people buy MR items. It is ok for Helba's passive to be more powerful than Fiddle's passive at level 18, as long as it is weaker at level 1. I would suggest a 10% MR drain, and gaining 50% of that as MR (from a single champion, or 10% from 5 each) to make it more balanced.
Anyway, it's a super cool idea, despite my critique on the specific balancing. Sorta like the opposite of Galio, making Helba more powerful against MR stackers, conversely.

Q: A V is an interesting shape for a basic attack modifier. Any particular reason for it? The numbers seem quite balanced to me, considering the cooldown, but the cost is high. Nasus has a basic attack modifier with comparable cooldowns and stacking, and it has a cost of 20/25/30/35/40.

W: This is also a solid ability. The AP ratio is highly pushed over to the DoT side of the ability, which may be a slight disincentive for building too much AP beyond a Rylai's and some tanky-ish AP stuff on Helba. 6 seconds is a long time, and Singed deals 210(+90% AP) over 3 seconds and Teemo deals something (+80% AP) over 4 seconds. Most of Teemo's AP is stacked over towards the immediate side of the damage, not the over time side, too. What I'm saying is that I think that 6 seconds is too long of a time, and reduces the effectiveness of this ability, making it slightly underpowered. Sure, Rylai's on this will be a *****, but the damage is so spread out. Maybe only 4 seconds? Anyway, I can't prove what I'm saying outright, so it's your choice.

E: Well, this is a lot like Cho'gath's rupture, except with a longer cooldown and less of an AP ratio. Oh, and I'm assuming it has no delay, unlike Cho'gath's, which has a .5 second delay or something like that. If there is no delay, it is ok for this to have a smaller AP ratio than Cho'gath's, because it would take less skill to hit and reward crowd control more consistently. However, this has high base damage at level 1. Cho'gath's starts at 80 and ends at 305, I think. 100 is a huge amount of damage, coupled with a knock up. It would make Helba an early game terror.

R: This is a long channel and a super powerful skill. The reward is ridiculously high, as well, with a 5 second fear. This sounds so difficult to get off that I think there might be one successful ult every other game, and probably only if Helba built tanky and the enemy had no real cc. That's underpowered. However, when Helba did get it off, the enemy would automatically die because Helba could do whatever she wanted while they all ran around for 5 seconds straight. That's overpowered. This combination of super over and underpowered parts makes the ability quite unbalanced. It's a cool sounding skill, the AoE fear on transformation makes it sound really awesome, like a cooler version of Shyvana's ult. To make this viable, my suggestion is to tone down the channel to about 1 or 2 seconds, then tone down the fear to 1/1.5/2 seconds as well as the range to 650 units, and reduce the base damage a bit while increasing the AP ratio to 100%. You can also reduce the cooldown. I guess you wanted this ability to be super powerful and super hard use, but League of Legends is about balance. Play DoTA for a little while and you'll see why. That's why everyone has damage and cooldowns and ranges in the same area, for the most part.

Anyway, solid champion, all of her abilities are conceptually sound and interesting. The numbers may need some more balancing, but I do like Helba overall. The lore is also interesting, if short, and it's cool how it connects to your other champion. Good job.

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprii View Post
Hey Cryoshell. This is Osprii, you just reviewed my champion, Nahuatl.

Anyway, on with the review.

The innate is quite powerful. I realize it only gains 5% of the MR drain as AP when 5 champions are around and a full 25% with only one champion around, if I understand correctly. That is not what concerns me. What concerns me is that everyone starts with 30 mr, right? And Fiddle decreases enemy MR by 10. That's it. At level 1, that is about 33% of enemy MR, less than what Helba drains, and he doesn't gain AP from it. At level 18, 10 is waaaaaaay less than 35% of enemy MR, since melee units gain a bit and most people buy MR items. It is ok for Helba's passive to be more powerful than Fiddle's passive at level 18, as long as it is weaker at level 1. I would suggest a 10% MR drain, and gaining 50% of that as MR (from a single champion, or 10% from 5 each) to make it more balanced.
Anyway, it's a super cool idea, despite my critique on the specific balancing. Sorta like the opposite of Galio, making Helba more powerful against MR stackers, conversely.

Q: A V is an interesting shape for a basic attack modifier. Any particular reason for it? The numbers seem quite balanced to me, considering the cooldown, but the cost is high. Nasus has a basic attack modifier with comparable cooldowns and stacking, and it has a cost of 20/25/30/35/40.

W: This is also a solid ability. The AP ratio is highly pushed over to the DoT side of the ability, which may be a slight disincentive for building too much AP beyond a Rylai's and some tanky-ish AP stuff on Helba. 6 seconds is a long time, and Singed deals 210(+90% AP) over 3 seconds and Teemo deals something (+80% AP) over 4 seconds. Most of Teemo's AP is stacked over towards the immediate side of the damage, not the over time side, too. What I'm saying is that I think that 6 seconds is too long of a time, and reduces the effectiveness of this ability, making it slightly underpowered. Sure, Rylai's on this will be a *****, but the damage is so spread out. Maybe only 4 seconds? Anyway, I can't prove what I'm saying outright, so it's your choice.

E: Well, this is a lot like Cho'gath's rupture, except with a longer cooldown and less of an AP ratio. Oh, and I'm assuming it has no delay, unlike Cho'gath's, which has a .5 second delay or something like that. If there is no delay, it is ok for this to have a smaller AP ratio than Cho'gath's, because it would take less skill to hit and reward crowd control more consistently. However, this has high base damage at level 1. Cho'gath's starts at 80 and ends at 305, I think. 100 is a huge amount of damage, coupled with a knock up. It would make Helba an early game terror.

R: This is a long channel and a super powerful skill. The reward is ridiculously high, as well, with a 5 second fear. This sounds so difficult to get off that I think there might be one successful ult every other game, and probably only if Helba built tanky and the enemy had no real cc. That's underpowered. However, when Helba did get it off, the enemy would automatically die because Helba could do whatever she wanted while they all ran around for 5 seconds straight. That's overpowered. This combination of super over and underpowered parts makes the ability quite unbalanced. It's a cool sounding skill, the AoE fear on transformation makes it sound really awesome, like a cooler version of Shyvana's ult. To make this viable, my suggestion is to tone down the channel to about 1 or 2 seconds, then tone down the fear to 1/1.5/2 seconds as well as the range to 650 units, and reduce the base damage a bit while increasing the AP ratio to 100%. You can also reduce the cooldown. I guess you wanted this ability to be super powerful and super hard use, but League of Legends is about balance. Play DoTA for a little while and you'll see why. That's why everyone has damage and cooldowns and ranges in the same area, for the most part.

Anyway, solid champion, all of her abilities are conceptually sound and interesting. The numbers may need some more balancing, but I do like Helba overall. The lore is also interesting, if short, and it's cool how it connects to your other champion. Good job.
thanks i wrote the lore a bit shorter than most lore. I did my best to tie it to Dante

123456 ... 9