Facts behind the Tribunal (A guide with math)!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-11-2012

I added a new section I found today!

Great Pyrenees

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagoDeo View Post
This is a very good guide. It deserves to be stickied to keep confused people from posting about 'unfair bans' and the like. Thanks for writing it!
Thank you so much ImagoDeo that means a lot to me!

Silent Haven85

12-11-2012

I am just commenting because I appreciate what Great Pyrenees does for people.

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Haven85 View Post
I am just commenting because I appreciate what Great Pyrenees does for people.
Thank you so much Silent Haven85. Did you know my reason for making this thread? I was on the tribunal forum and I started to guess how many reports it took to get into trouble. Then I was called out on it. So I decided to actually do some research and see if I could nail down any actual facts. To be honest I was suprised there was so much we were actually told by Riot available in the forums. I hope this gets stickied one day =)

Makarath

12-12-2012

@Great Pyrenees
Just wanted to thank you for this guide. I salute your patience to search and put all this info in one place. I also wanted to let you know that that translation to pt-br is complete. For now, since I couldn't transfer my account to the brazillian server, I posted it on the biggest brazillian LoL forum other then the official. In time, I believe I'll be able to transfer my account to the brazillian server and I'll be able to post it in the official forums. Here's the link: http://forum.legendsbr.com/topic/289...s-do-tribunal/
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could link my translation in your main post so that other brazillians or anyone that speaks portuguese can refer to it.

And thanks again for allowing me to do this. This will be of great help and I'll be sure to check this ofter for updates.

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarath View Post
@Great Pyrenees
Just wanted to thank you for this guide. I salute your patience to search and put all this info in one place. I also wanted to let you know that that translation to pt-br is complete. For now, since I couldn't transfer my account to the brazillian server, I posted it on the biggest brazilliand LoL forum other then the official. In time, I believe I'll be able to transfer my account to the brazillian server and I'll be able to post it in the official forums. Here's the link: http://forum.legendsbr.com/topic/289...s-do-tribunal/
I'd greatly appreciate it if you could link my translation in your main post so that other brazillians or anyone that speaks portuguese can refer to it.

And thanks again for allowing me to do this. This will be of great help“and I'll be sure to check this ofter for updates.
Dear Makarath

Let me say I was honored when you added me to friends in LoL and told me your desire to translate this guide into portuguese. I update this guide almost once a day. I cannot imagine how much intelligence it must take to speak two languages! So from the bottom of my heart I thank you for translating this guide. I will add your link to my guide today. Thank you again!

Sincerely
Great Pyreneese

Makarath

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Dear Makarath

Let me say I was honored when you added me to friends in LoL and told me your desire to translate this guide into portuguese. I update this guide almost once a day. I cannot imagine how much intelligence it must take to speak two languages! So from the bottom of my heart I thank you for translating this guide. I will add your link to my guide today. Thank you again!

Sincerely
Great Pyreneese
Thank you for the kind words.
I'm well aware that most people have issues when dealing with brazillians online. And as much as it pains me, they are right most of the time. Of course, people from all over the world can be trolls. But it really seems like brazillians have a higher tendency to behave like jerks online. I have several hypotheses for that fenomenon but I won't bore you with walls of text.
I try my hardest to show people that not all brazillians are like that but that's a really hard job.

In any event, I belive the tribunal system that's about to come online on the brazillian server, combined with the information you provided here that proves that the tribunal is indeed working as intended with minimal false positives, will be a positive influence to all those brazillians trolls as a whole. For the first time they'll see that there are real consequences for behaving like they do and that anonymity doesn't entitle them to be jerks. LoL is pretty popular here so the effects of the tribunal can (hopefuly) spread enough to mitigate that brazillians=trolls stigma.

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

I would like to thank Magoomba for giving me some really good references and information on double jeopardy. He gets 100% for showing that a player has a fair shot after any level of punishment to reform without the weight of previous reports hanging over them. Again thank you Magoomba!

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarath View Post
Thank you for the kind words.
I'm well aware that most people have issues when dealing with brazillians online. And as much as it pains me, they are right most of the time. Of course, people from all over the world can be trolls. But it really seems like brazillians have a higher tendency to behave like jerks online. I have several hypotheses for that fenomenon but I won't bore you with walls of text.
I try my hardest to show people that not all brazillians are like that but that's a really hard job.

In any event, I belive the tribunal system that's about to come online on the brazillian server, combined with the information you provided here that proves that the tribunal is indeed working as intended with minimal false positives, will be a positive influence to all those brazillians trolls as a whole. For the first time they'll see that there are real consequences for behaving like they do and that anonymity doesn't entitle them to be jerks. LoL is pretty popular here so the effects of the tribunal can (hopefuly) spread enough to mitigate that brazillians=trolls stigma.
Honestly I have not had a bad experience with a Brazilian player yet =). I think every nation can be good at being jerks especially good old americans. I am happy the tribunal will start in brazil soon because there needs to be a consequence for bad behavior. After all only the top 1.4% or so will be punished =). You have a very interesing perspective I hope your posts on the brazilian server are appreicated =)!

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

Did some daily edits =).