Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vonriel

12-10-2012

What is with your country and video games, anyway? Did someone in the goverment just REALLY suck at Pong back in the day or something?

seductiveasian

12-11-2012

Bump

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shè View Post
I recently stopped playing ranked due to ping being 200-260, it's really sad to have your elo based on whether you'll lag that day or not as I find it extremely difficult to win while lagging :/ It's inconsistent lag.

Walking into enemy towers for the extra HP.
That's a local issue that you'd have on Australian servers anyway. Not saying I don't support Australian servers, but you best get that fixed because Australian servers won't help with that.

Some of the top players on NA are Australian. Im Heavenz Intel, for example, plays with 250 ping average (sometimes spikes up to 280 ping). He tends to play skillshot intensive champions, and champions with complex mechanics that are supposedly most effected by high ping. He was in the top 10 at some points in S2, and is usually in the top 100 or so. The lack of Australian servers doesn't affect solo queue Elo that much.

lilikitten

12-11-2012

agreed!!

NZL

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shè View Post
EDIT:

I recently stopped playing ranked due to ping being 200-260, it's really sad to have your elo based on whether you'll lag that day or not as I find it extremely difficult to win while lagging :/ It's inconsistent lag.

Walking into enemy towers for the extra HP.
This.. the lag comes and goes like crazy so compensating for the lag is impossible.. you get used to how laggy it is and then it spikes up an extra 100 or so and your missing cs like crazy lol

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZL View Post
This.. the lag comes and goes like crazy so compensating for the lag is impossible.. you get used to how laggy it is and then it spikes up an extra 100 or so and your missing cs like crazy lol
None of my friends, nor I, have experienced this. I feel like this is a local issue. All our pings are very stable. I'm even with one of the worst ISPs in the country, TPG. My ping is 230 so it's not as good as some of my 170 ping friends, but it's very stable and the only reason I lose games is because I make dumb decisions.

Maiden

12-11-2012

bump!

Lacero

12-11-2012

Awesome thread OP! If Riot created an Oceanic server I would forever be in orgasmic jubilation. Its like reliving the days of good ol' Dota 1 aussie community where our pings where less than 30 ms ahhhh!!!!

Dreggon

12-11-2012

Valve is an awesome company.

Also - wait, am I really not the only one having massive, massive spikes? I'll start a game as Draven, 170 ping - awesome, that's the best I've ever gotten - then a few minutes later it's up to 450+ and I can't catch any axes. Then, back down to 300, 350, 240, 489, 320, 285, 200, 180, 362, 438, etc.

Private Crabs

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
Valve is an awesome company.

Also - wait, am I really not the only one having massive, massive spikes? I'll start a game as Draven, 170 ping - awesome, that's the best I've ever gotten - then a few minutes later it's up to 450+ and I can't catch any axes. Then, back down to 300, 350, 240, 489, 320, 285, 200, 180, 362, 438, etc.
Are you on WiFi? I used to get such spikes until I realised my neighbours were crowding the radio waves so I changed channels. There's a nifty program you can use called InSSIDer that can check the channels your neighbours use. Just be sure to CLOSE InSSIDer after you finish using it because it uses up all your wifi card's bandwidth scanning the airway, slowing down your downloads and games.