IceBorn Gauntlet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omendaos

12-10-2012

I like Guantlet+Phantom Dancer with Nasus makes him a lot better at chacing, though I don't think I'm as tanky.

axesandspears

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
It replaces Frozen Heart (which is so much more expensive now) on Ryze, giving him the same mana as the old FH, more damage from his auto, and a way to slow down enemies so he can stick to them better.
Frozen Heart was never worth 3000 gold; regardless of the aura. Even if the armor and mana had not been nerfed, the value of armor has been decreased so much by the penetration changes that it would not be worth getting.

Beaumains

12-10-2012

Hurricane-Fist Ash: PermaStun (because toggles now count as skill uses for all kinds of things). I have to agree; the trade-off for aoe damage should negate that extra 50% damage; that is, it should be a 100% proc aoe, or only the slow should be aoe.

BTW, I was joking about Hurricane-Fist; because Fist creates "a field", the field overlaps and an individual wouldn't see a triple slow - they might see triple damage though . . . must test.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post
BTW, I was joking about Hurricane-Fist; because Fist creates "a field", the field overlaps and an individual wouldn't see a triple slow - they might see triple damage though . . . must test.
Hurricane doesn't proc one-time shots

Beaumains

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Hurricane doesn't proc one-time shots
Good to know; thanks.

Goth Skunk

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post

You can see where I'm going with this, right? I've recently been using this item on ez as part of my core build, and have been having some scary results. The aoe slow procs on ez's q. with max cdr and armor pen, this is one scary item. It lets ez kite while being extremely safe. And in team fights it is a game changer as it provides an almost perma slow to the entire team alllowing your team to easily pick the enemy apart.
You think that's scary?

Try synergizing it with Hurricane. THAT'S scary.

Giraffesyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I've been loving it on Hecarim- he never scaled well on the Zeal portion of Trinity Force, and the AOE is fun to use with Rampage and Spirit of Dread.
Besides you know... gaining movement speed... which gives him damage..

Resurgam

12-14-2012

Hmm havent herd of it.

Peligrad

12-14-2012

I rush this item when I play Alistar top.

I've yet to not win my lane...

I've beaten a lot of tops too...

Wukong, Jax, Kha'Zix, Teemo, Vlad, Xin, Rengar, Riven...the only person who I haven't face that I'm scared of is Olaf.

jmlinden7

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I've been loving it on Hecarim- he never scaled well on the Zeal portion of Trinity Force, and the AOE is fun to use with Rampage and Spirit of Dread.
Agreed. Hecarim's old core was Sheen into Glacial followed by Randuins, now there's an item that does aoe damage (more heal from w) and aoe slow (Hecarim lacks aoe slow).

Especially now that the movespeed on Trinity Force got nerfed so hard, you have to go Gauntlet for damage, cc, tankiness, mana, and cdr.