URGENT!! Invisible HUD??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MhmCandii

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Bump. Similar Problems.

boourns

UI Designer

12-10-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for the dxdiag, the engineers are investigating a fix for this. It's related to the Athlon processor not supporting SSE2, we're looking at a solution that will fall back to normal instructions where we use SSE2 or some other graphics mumbo-jumbo they told me.

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like it will make it into the next patch. We're currently assembling a machine from e-bay parts to reproduce this issue and check potential fixes.

RoricX

12-11-2012

Wellp at least you guys got it all worked out and the fix is incomming, all we could hope for Thanks and let me know if you need anymore information

LadyAzalea

12-12-2012

I am having the issue happen on and off. If you want to try out a few custom games to see if my (temporary) fix works-- so you can at least play a few games-- go for it.

Anyway. If you start a game and can't see half the stuff, just alt tab out, come back in, and you should be able to see everything!

Has worked every time I've started a game with invisible graphics/hud.

RoricX

12-12-2012

Thanks for the reply lady, I went ahead and tossed ya a friend request maybe we can try some other things because the above solution did not work for me, thank you though however for trying to get it fixed as it will be awesome to play LoL again without having to wait for a few patches to come out before the fix is released.

boourns

UI Designer

12-12-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAzalea View Post
I am having the issue happen on and off. If you want to try out a few custom games to see if my (temporary) fix works-- so you can at least play a few games-- go for it.

Anyway. If you start a game and can't see half the stuff, just alt tab out, come back in, and you should be able to see everything!

Has worked every time I've started a game with invisible graphics/hud.
This is a separate issue that is related to alt-tabbing out of the game at a critical loading point. I think you can also resolve it by not alt-tabbing out during the loading process until you're mostly loaded.

OP's issue is related to the item shop and other pop-up menus, which is a thornier compatibility issue without a good workaround. It's a high priority for us to fix though!

MhmCandii

Recruiter

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
This is a separate issue that is related to alt-tabbing out of the game at a critical loading point. I think you can also resolve it by not alt-tabbing out during the loading process until you're mostly loaded.

OP's issue is related to the item shop and other pop-up menus, which is a thornier compatibility issue without a good workaround. It's a high priority for us to fix though!
This isn't an issue. I'm running a Dell Inspiron N17r, i5 quadcore, Intel HD 3000 Graphics, 8g RAM, I've never had any problems with LoL until the recent UI Patch. I have fixed my issue, but Roricx has not.

I don't believe it's alt tabbing that does it. I don't alt tab when I load in... It's just once you load into the game, the shop is all funky - like Roricx posted originally. You can't see images only names of the items, and you can't really buy anything either because you don't know what you're selecting.

I do love the new changes don't get me wrong, I just wish they weren't so incompatible with obsolete computers (RoricX's, for example).