@Riot- Do you really care about our opinion?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

12-09-2012

Actually, if he did approve of the new map, he'd be saying Riot got it right the second time.

Your posts seem to indicate that you believe Riot nailed TT on the first try - and there is plenty of evidence to refute both claims.

The new map needs work, and it's up to the TT community - old and new - to make those details known. 1500 threads about bringing the old map back isn't going to fix TT.

GSHalleck

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Actually, if he did approve of the new map, he'd be saying Riot got it right the second time.

Your posts seem to indicate that you believe Riot nailed TT on the first try - and there is plenty of evidence to refute both claims.

The new map needs work, and it's up to the TT community - old and new - to make those details known. 1500 threads about bringing the old map back isn't going to fix TT.
The details are widely known. They've even been pointed out in this thread. And in most of the "bring back TT" threads, in fact, though there are a few that just say "now" and ask for upvotes. They're pointed out in the coexistence petition thread, in threads about altars, in threads about the jungle.

And what does Riot do? Remove Frenzy. Something nobody, ever, asked for.

Forgive the community if it isn't exactly feeling listened to here.

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHalleck View Post
The details are widely known. They've even been pointed out in this thread. And in most of the "bring back TT" threads, in fact, though there are a few that just say "now" and ask for upvotes. They're pointed out in the coexistence petition thread, in threads about altars, in threads about the jungle.

And what does Riot do? Remove Frenzy. Something nobody, ever, asked for.

Forgive the community if it isn't exactly feeling listened to here.
Dont really feel listened to when you spend years with a small list of problems
1. turtling
2. unstable jungle and health returns on jungle
3. green and gray buffs
The biggest problems right there that were waited patiently waited for BUT when we get them they come along with a complete overhaul change of the map. I'm not talking about the graphic update either since i would have been completely fine with that but this map is NOTHING LIKE THE OLD MAP. NOTHING
If its not broken don't fix it

Redenbacher

12-09-2012

I'm pretty sure they didn't remove Volibear's Frenzy from the game.

More on point, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Surge, which was removed across the board because it was an inferior and underutilized summoner spell.

Furthermore, based on community feedback they are changing capture mechanics, removing the speed shrine, and adjusting itemization.

You are being listened to, but these changes take time. Time that the posters of these threads don't seem to have the patience for.

Oh yea, and it is something like the old map. It's 3v3, the objective is to destroy the nexus, and bruisers rule the roost. Hey, look, I found some similarities. Flat assertions don't help anybody.

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

i have patience for it. have i been unreasonable in this thread? I just choose to make it know that i won't be playing 3's anymore because of the changes. Is there something wrong with asking for the original map since this new one is nowhere close in looks and play style and is in broken beta form.

Redenbacher

12-09-2012

The problem is that there are already too many threads with the same complaints. It's already understood why you, and every other old-TT fanatic, aren't playing the map anymore.

It's important that you give this feedback to get the new map where it's enjoyed by all. Making a number of threads echoing the same exact points isn't going to help...

I know I'm asking for the world here, but what I'd really like is for everyone to let go of the past and move forward. The old map is gone, it's time to make TT something truly competitive. I mean, I'd rather watch an eSports game of TT than SR any day. We need to work together to get it to that point.

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

Quote:
The problem is that there are already too many threads with the same complaints. It's already understood why you, and every other old-TT fanatic, aren't playing the map anymore.

It's important that you give this feedback to get the new map where it's enjoyed by all. Making a number of threads echoing the same exact points isn't going to help...

I know I'm asking for the world here, but what I'd really like is for everyone to let go of the past and move forward. The old map is gone, it's time to make TT something truly competitive. I mean, I'd rather watch an eSports game of TT than SR any day. We need to work together to get it to that point.
Well yea i understand putting it all in one point but when you have a thread as big as that one then your voice seems to feel a bit drowned out especially if you feel you have a good idea. Just figured i would point out that it may provide statistics to help decisions and it would squelch some vocal people on the forums that want old TT back. But the way it stands now, New TT is nothing like the old one and nowhere near playable in comparison to a lot of people who loved old TT. People are generally mad about it because the extra additions that break the new map for people are things that NO ONE asked for. People wanted jungle monsters fixed the way that SR got and they wanted turtling fixed. Those were fixed and then riot just decided to put their own new touch on it which broke the map. If they are going to change the map so much to where it is nothing alike then i see no problem with allowing both maps. At least both maps while the new map is in beta form.i don't see anything wrong with playing the old semi broken map rather than the new SUPER broken map.

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they didn't remove Volibear's Frenzy from the game.

More on point, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Surge, which was removed across the board because it was an inferior and underutilized summoner spell.

Furthermore, based on community feedback they are changing capture mechanics, removing the speed shrine, and adjusting itemization.

You are being listened to, but these changes take time. Time that the posters of these threads don't seem to have the patience for.

Oh yea, and it is something like the old map. It's 3v3, the objective is to destroy the nexus, and bruisers rule the roost. Hey, look, I found some similarities. Flat assertions don't help anybody.
Except i used to play things other than bruisers in the old TT. I never considered bruisers completely ruling that map but the new map is 100% ruled by bruisers. Pick 3 bruisers, farm and grab altars whenever possible. Doesn't matter if you barely get any kills and you get aced multiple times. The global gold from towers and farming will completely carry you late game and make it impossible to lose. I've tried to play other roles on this new map but since there is ZERO laning phase then you just get pushed out of lane by all the bruisers that everyone now picks. Nothing like the old map

Slave Ship Capt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
Any reasoning behind what you agree with? or did you just come in downvote and say agreed to someone? So you are saying that riot got it 100% perfect, first try, nothing needed on the map at all, no changes to it whatsoever and it is great. Is that what you are saying? because if you are then why are they changing it already? There are ALWAYS reasons to post on the forums and that doesn't change with a specific group that you are addressing.

Also, what makes that information really relevant. If theres people that like it but dont come around and voice their opinion about it then why should the map stay that way. As i said theres always reasons to be posting in the forums.

Do you think elections are won by the people sitting at home saying "oh gee, i really like mitt romney."

I was agreeing to this...

Originally Posted by sainthax
to point: People that like the new tt have no reason to post. In almost every post against the new tt, there are responses about what is liked and how it can be saved and bettered.

For you facts to be valid, you'd have to know the percentage of people that hate the new map, that will post (let's guess 5%). If you get 3 new posters a week, and it's been 7 weeks? That's 21 posters representing 400 people that hate the map. I'm betting that's a small percentage of players. Assuming only 4,000 people play tt, that's just 10%.

Those are made up numbers, of course, but it's to illustrate you are over valuing the relatively small negative response. The new tt map does still need to be worked though.

I think this was well said.. And happen to agree with most every thing here... "People that like the new tt have no reason to post." this part the most..

Aerophobia

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWW DOT MURDER View Post
I was agreeing to this...

Originally Posted by sainthax
to point: People that like the new tt have no reason to post. In almost every post against the new tt, there are responses about what is liked and how it can be saved and bettered.

For you facts to be valid, you'd have to know the percentage of people that hate the new map, that will post (let's guess 5%). If you get 3 new posters a week, and it's been 7 weeks? That's 21 posters representing 400 people that hate the map. I'm betting that's a small percentage of players. Assuming only 4,000 people play tt, that's just 10%.

Those are made up numbers, of course, but it's to illustrate you are over valuing the relatively small negative response. The new tt map does still need to be worked though.

I think this was well said.. And happen to agree with most every thing here... "People that like the new tt have no reason to post." this part the most..
And as i said, basically, the non vocal people do not get what they want. I can spit out some fake numbers about people that don't like the new map but don't post on the forums. That argument means absolutely nothing as i already said. I know a handful of people irl that play league and play 3's that dont use the forums but have told me how much they hate the new map. It goes BOTH ways. But as i said before, presidents don't get elected by the people that sit at home on the couch thinking "oh boy i like that Mitt Romney guy i hope he wins". Opinions on the new map should be derived from the vocal opinions of those who got out of their way to let their opinions be known.

123456 ... 7