@Riot Doesn't Steel Legion Lux go against everything you've said about skin design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaori View Post
So should we expect ANOTHER 1350+ skin? -.- Pretty much the reasoning you guys give everytime to justify hiking up the RP price of a skin.
Clearly they learned nothing from Dragon Trainer Lulu. They spend a ton of time and effort into making Pix look cool. Only problem is, no one cares about Pix, they wasted time and effort on something hardly anyone is going to notice.

Now they're spending a ton of time and effort into making a third military-themed skin for Lux that no one really wants. And don't give me that "function-over-form tech skin" bull****, it's ****ing ARMOR. Armor is for the military.

Please, Riot, when can us Lux players get a decent skin with a theme that doesn't involve the military?

reynald0df

12-08-2012

I think the skin looks AWESOME tbh. I can only imagine how much can they do with the splash art. I would love to see a mysterious, sniping plasma-shooting lux! You know, Lux "sounds happy" but if you read her League Judgement, she is almost empty inside. If you hear her ingame sounds, she isn't happy, she's being optimistic and TACTICAL. Yes, she is cold minded, yes, she tricks you with her outside happines and girly look, so this skin FITS HER. I'm so excited, im prepared to even pay 1820 rp for this, because honestly it looks BADASS!! Keep up Riot, Steel Legion Lux supporter here!

Voidgolem

12-08-2012

I really don't understand all the whining about this.

...though I will add my own complaint to the list:

STEEL LEGION GAREN/JARVAN/XIN WHERE, RIOTO.

and on the opposite end of the spectrum...

CRIMSON ELITE URGOT/DARIUS/SWAIN/KAT/SION WHERE, RIOTO

(really, you introduce a Noxus Commando-type skin but only give it to two Noxus champions - one of whom isn't noxus-aligned anymore anyway? Shame.)

CranBry

12-08-2012

i agree. I WAS REALLY HOPING FOR A SANTA'S HELPER LUX XMAS SKIN ;(

Leib Olmai

12-08-2012

This community is ****ing trash, really, complaining because Lux is getting a good skin ?

You guys should just quit life.

You don't even deserve better skin anyway.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
This community is ****ing trash, really, complaining because Lux is getting a good skin ?

You guys should just quit life.

You don't even deserve better skin anyway.
there IS too much rage about this. but there also have been multiple threads in the past with polls and fanart, what a cool lux skin could look like. ironstylus himself commented on some of those and even said, that he had ideas of his own (though he never actually shared them, nor do i think was he in charge of the steel legion skin, from the sound his comments).

i wish they would have picked up one of those ideas. after all, they want to make a cool skin that everyone is happy with and actually sell it.

none of the proposed ideas come close to what this skin looks like.

some of my personal favourites are these. (there are countless more, like hextech, princess, christmas skins and many more.)

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-08-2012
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserabilia View Post
So, what, is this the attempt at the hextech lux skin. The one that's infinitely better than this one?
i know you wanted to be scathing instead of constructive, but if you were to talk about why you prefer the hextech theme over the steel legion theme, i'd greatly appreciate it. emotional feedback is good, but emotional feedback with context is amazing. i'm interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Now that I can finally get back on my computer...you already have two military skins. Haven't you explored that theme deeply enough already?

Although, you do get points for consistency, but they are immeadiately taken away for being consistent about something that the vast majority of the community does not want.

I'd be willing to bet this will be another 1350 skin, and that will only be the final nail in the coffin.
i think you misunderstand. i'm saying in the future whenever we do a 'common theme' like fire, ice, mecha, etc we want to make sure preserving what makes the champion unique over the theme. so, a 'fire teemo' skin would have to be more than just a fire avatar in the shape of teemo with fire particles. that post had nothing to do with lux getting a non-magical skin, but it does mean that this skin should feel like lux first, tech second.

if you play this skin in game and feel like it's a theme slapped onto a character, and not an exploration of lux in a new scenario/theme, then we've missed the mark. if you have a pbe account, please pop into the pbe forums and give us your feedback once you've had a chance to play with the skin (should be early next week).

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i know you wanted to be scathing instead of constructive, but if you were to talk about why you prefer the hextech theme over the steel legion theme, i'd greatly appreciate it. emotional feedback is good, but emotional feedback with context is amazing. i'm interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

i think you misunderstand. i'm saying in the future whenever we do a 'common theme' like fire, ice, mecha, etc we want to make sure preserving what makes the champion unique over the theme. so, a 'fire teemo' skin would have to be more than just a fire avatar in the shape of teemo with fire particles. that post had nothing to do with lux getting a non-magical skin, but it does mean that this skin should feel like lux first, tech second.

if you play this skin in game and feel like it's a theme slapped onto a character, and not an exploration of lux in a new scenario/theme, then we've missed the mark. if you have a pbe account, please pop into the pbe forums and give us your feedback once you've had a chance to play with the skin (should be early next week).
my personal feel is, that i would like to see a different skin, than putting her into another full body armor. (like her commando skin).

its hard to say, since were just dealing with aesthetics here, which is highly subjective.

what do you think about the examples i gave in that other post. do you personally like any of them?

all i can say is that i would like to see one of those (or similar to) rather than the mecha skin. people may agree or disagree, its just personal taste.

edit.: this is something you guys could try in the future. make a forum thread with a poll about different themes you came up with for a champions skin and just see, how the community reacts.

Wytsfs

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

Okay, I've got a question: Why is this third military themed skin still have nothing to do with covert ops? Lux's role in the military was covert ops but out her military skins there's nothing that matches.

Shadeykris

12-08-2012

I'm not a Lux player, so I'm not really invested either way. If I had to do a Lux skin though, I'd do something like this or this. Just because she already has sorta soldier skins, and someone whose theme is rainbows is just begging for some color.

(just some really quick really rough sketches)