So what is hextech now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Reiora

12-08-2012

We have Heimerdinger, Viktor, and Hextech skins, as well as Gunblade and Revolver, which all look very "Old-school Techno" and Colorfully Steampunk.

But now, lately, we have Vi's "Hextech Gauntlets." The thing is, these things are technological behemoths. For lack of a better word, they're SHINY.

It looks more similar to Jayce and Ezreal than it does most Hextech. But we're calling them hextech.

The easy answer is that with Pulsefire Ezreal and Jayce and whatnot, Hextech has advanced, but as far as I know that's never been confirmed. So what's going on?

Harrow

Writer

12-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Everything you've mentioned here besides Ezreal's magic is "hextech." Hextech - the common word for techmaturgy - is just technology that harnesses the magic of Runeterra. Different people/factions make hextech devices that look and feel very different - Viktor's inventions are all body augmentations that follow "function over form" as a rule, while tech-champions from Piltover care more about the appearance and craft of their inventions.

Ezreal just found a magical amulet on his adventures one day, thus bypassing the need to really learn anything.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
Everything you've mentioned here besides Ezreal's magic is "hextech." Hextech - the common word for techmaturgy - is just technology that harnesses the magic of Runeterra. Different people/factions make hextech devices that look and feel very different - Viktor's inventions are all body augmentations that follow "function over form" as a rule, while tech-champions from Piltover care more about the appearance and craft of their inventions.

Ezreal just found a magical amulet on his adventures one day, thus bypassing the need to really learn anything.
Pretty much just like Ezreal IRL

Sageoffire

12-08-2012

iirc Ezreal had always been able to use magic, but he cared more for adventuring and exploring. when he found the amulet it just amplified his magical capabilities and made it trivial to actually use.

in exchange for easy magic though, the amulet also made it so he coudl be summoned to fight without warning.

Calderweiss

12-08-2012

Pulsefire ez is a futuristice machine, not one anyone in runeterra would be able to make at the present time.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I think Vi base skin should use steam instead of magical energy, her backpack look so weird,.

Her other skin is fine since it looks much more sleek and advanced.

TACOxBOY

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post

does this mean we will not see more steampunk inspired hextech champions and skins? i know steampunk is niche and futuristic has more mass appeal but personally i love steampunk.

hawkeye2188

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOxBOY View Post
does this mean we will not see more steampunk inspired hextech champions and skins? i know steampunk is niche and futuristic has more mass appeal but personally i love steampunk.
Agreed.