I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotZeronis View Post
I did not. It was done by Jason Chan from Massive Black studio.
GET OUT. I love Jason Chan. I feel slightly embarrassed now because I didn't recognize it as his work.

Atrox Primus

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Quinn is pretty cool
Hehe...

Anyways, this is all awesome stuff. I have this thread favorited on the off-chance you make another concept. Keep it up ^ ^

Edit: Just read this. "After years of harsh training, Katsumi was given an enchanted katana and sent to the League to test her ability to battle, and execute, legends."

That needs to be a thing. Like, right now. It's too awesome not to be. Even if the rest of the concept isn't really viable (See Xypherous's posts on burden of knowledge, e.t.c.), that line is awesome.

YuSira

12-07-2012

Every time I see your thread, I open it up, scroll down to Claire and look to see if she has a revision. Then I scroll down further to see if there are any other new doodles.
Then, I wander away.

Each and every time, even if I literally just opened it :P

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuSira View Post
Every time I see your thread, I open it up, scroll down to Claire and look to see if she has a revision. Then I scroll down further to see if there are any other new doodles.
Then, I wander away.

Each and every time, even if I literally just opened it :P
Spoiler: Claire's revision file has been started. But that's about it. It's pretty far from done. The closest revision file to completeness is Castor/Pollux.

I work on like... a billion files at a time. There will be a new champ posted in a few hours, if you decide to drop by later.

wee little panda

12-07-2012

just going to bump this to bring to the attention to the community the similarity of the new vi design and what this person has drawn

Thereisnosaurus

12-07-2012

Hey Izz, I ran across your stuff a while back, was brought back by Vi turning up and I remembered how similar it was to one of yours. You've been busy, keep coming up with some really great concepts.

I just wanted to offer to collaborate on some designs if you're interested. I'm from the other side of the champion design process- systems and interactivity design, though I do dabble in art of nowhere near the sophistication you bring. You can see some of my designs here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2347026

If you'd like I can work with you on fleshing out the mechanical design of some of your concepts, or work together bringing something new to the table.

Mr Ratz

12-07-2012

Hey Izz. Keep up the good work. I have been lurking this thread for a while. And your revisions and continuous work really impresses me. I hope you get your dream job soon

Lavasioth

12-07-2012

I would pay any amount of money for Leer-vo, Scheele, and Waitomo. You managed to create champs based on some of my favorite things: The Void, Zaun, Carnivorous Cave Amphibians with magical abilities and high intelligence

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Can riot prove they had Vi in the work as she was before your posting? Looks like they straight jacked you.

MTaur

12-07-2012

The Beholder champ sounds tricky to balance. True sight as an ongoing passive wouldn't be balanced, and would be too close to a hard counter to stealth for Riot's comfort, and making the champ ridiculously weak would be lopsided and not fun enough for any but the most hardcore support players. Some sort of free tactical true sight or some other limited variation and more overall breadth in the kit would make it acceptable by Riot's philosophy, I would think. I'm sure it can be done, but I've run a few ideas in my head and none of them seem quite right yet.