Black Cleaver pt. 2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus Claus View Post
whatever you do, don't balance an SR item for dominion. This is like the gunblade nerf from a year ago because jax and akali were gunblade stacking and dominating dominion.

Change the global passive to compensate, at most make the passive unique, but don't design a single item to make AD casters stronger on SR, and then nerf it to balance for dominion. Most of us haven't touched dominion in nearly a year, and would be pretty peeved if you started messing with our gear because it's proving problematic in an already poorly balanced map.

If it's that big of a problem, just remove BC from dominion and make a dominion item only with the appropriate stats.
You don't know what you're talking about. Please stop.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-07-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
Well, they've said that BC is too strong on live right now. Why not just take the nerfs they make there and apply them to dominion?
These are the nerfs.

Dreampod

12-07-2012

Honestly I think that sounds like overkill, it would be fine to keep it but it would be a distinctly mediocre choice.

The problem was mostly stacking BC with itself because it gave you significant health which avoided the glasscannon problem rather than stacking with other pen items. Either the not stacking with Brut/Ghost/itself or the reduced penetration values would do a solid job of fixing the problem along with whatever changes to the % it needs to not invalidate armor. My understanding was that stacking penetration was supposed to be a viable alternative build route in season 3 and I'd like to see glasscannon ad caster options continue to exist.

Preferred solution: Make BC Health a unique passive, nerf % and flat as needed, allow penetration from the brutalizer derivatives to stack.

Mathemagically

12-07-2012

I am not in favor of flat out nerfing the percentages because while having massive % armor shred is overpowered, having too little is simply ineffective. Spending 2 slots of a meager 30% armor shred will bring us right back to season 2, where all problems can be solved by purchasing one more chainmail.

Change the reduction to penetration. Make it a selfish stat so it doesn't help your team as much as it does now, so you and you alone can kill the tank with impunity, not everyone in possession of an autoattack.

urmamasllama

12-07-2012

those sound fine but would cleaver and GB stack still? because i kind of want that to still be an option if its not too strong

bierfaust

12-07-2012

Honestly your best option is to make all of the stats unique (including the health). Or disable it entirely until you can make a DOM version.

BC is pretty OP, but it's even worse on DOM because gold is so plentiful. A toned down, and unique stat version is probably the only way you're going to balance it properly for DOM.

Even with those adjustments you listed, it's still the BFT of physical damage. It offers way too much for the price. And as an extra note almost nothing on the item goes to waste if it is stacked. (That right there is the problem)

EDIT: Lawl funny how I get downvoted, yet all the more well known posters that said exactly what I suggested get upvoted. This community makes me laugh sometimes, in that said laugh of pity of course.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

If the core issue are both "OP" and "Cripples Build Diversity" why is the idea of making the effect unique not being considered more seriously?

It's a great item, it will continue to be great if it's unique. It just won't be great 4 times over and also the only thing anyone thinks about buying.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I would want to see it in action...

Fabs457

12-07-2012

hopefully this comes into fruition in 1.73... i'm so sick of this stacking bc ****.

Talith PA

12-07-2012

If the pen on brutalizer gets nerfed then it shouldn't be priced as 1337.

"1. Brutalizer's flat armor penetration did not stack with Black Cleaver or Ghostblade..."

Wait, what?