I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oziemaster

12-07-2012

Awesome

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseboigi View Post
Your art and concepts are amazing, hopefully you continue on this path and get a job, best of luck to your dreams

i hope i dont sound rude but some of your drawings remind of borderlands-esq art. Some of my favorite art actually, simple with great detail!
Yay dreams! I agree, the sketches are pretty Borderlands-esque. It's a style I've gotten comfortable with because it allows me to quickly shape characters while still being able to give an idea of their look and colors.

This will probably be changing a bit as my style improves.

BolDeFruits

12-07-2012

Well grats on the Vi champs, almost same as Quinn!

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012
14 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
I've been following Paul Kwon's work with jealous interest...
Thanks Izzabelle! I think the best way to get good at art is pretty much non-stop painting and drawing. Every artist at some point of their life has to go through that stage of grinding their way to get better and better. I'm still doing that myself. So in the end, it's not about natural talent or any tricks, it's about mileage. Never stop. Never doubt yourself. Just keep painting! hope that helps.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotZeronis View Post
Thanks Izzabelle! I think the best way to get good at art is pretty much non-stop painting and drawing. Every artist at some point of their life has to go through that stage of grinding their way to get better and better. I'm still doing that myself. So in the end, it's not about natural talent or any tricks, it's about mileage. Never stop. Never doubt yourself. Just keep painting! hope that helps.
Zeronis. This means a lot coming from you.

I've been following a lot of Nicholas Kay work, and watching his tutorials. In his FAQ video, at one point he said something that stuck. "If you're not getting work, the hard truth is -- and I've been there myself -- your work simply isn't good enough, and you need to grind your technique to the next level."

I've been going off of that -- so I picked up a few books by Andrew Loomis and others and I'm really trying to push into the next stage and hopefully up the quality of my work. I started following you, when I saw your concept art for Rengar.

I'm going to get there, man

Just a matter of time.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

New stuff coming today, because I feel inspired.

H2ojames

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotZeronis View Post
Did you draw Miss Fortunes new splash?

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ojames View Post
I thought Katie De Sousa did the MF splash. I'm probably wrong though.

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012
15 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Zeronis. This means a lot coming from you.

I've been following a lot of Nicholas Kay work, and watching his tutorials. In his FAQ video, at one point he said something that stuck. "If you're not getting work, the hard truth is -- and I've been there myself -- your work simply isn't good enough, and you need to grind your technique to the next level."

I've been going off of that -- so I picked up a few books by Andrew Loomis and others and I'm really trying to push into the next stage and hopefully up the quality of my work. I started following you, when I saw your concept art for Rengar.

I'm going to get there, man

Just a matter of time.
Yup! You're good to go! ;D

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-07-2012
16 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ojames View Post
I did not. It was done by Jason Chan from Massive Black studio.