I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabro View Post
Firstly, I'm a fan of your work here Izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!

Wanted to chime in here on Vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, It takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a LoL champ.

In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

When I first saw this thread a month ago, I was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you Izabelle for your creativity.

Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with Vi.
There still any chance for a capoeira figther champion Pabro?

dukevonart

12-07-2012

Vi, beating Quinn to the punch.

Keep up the good work, i await to see if the prophecies continue.

Xoripan

12-07-2012

i fell completly in love with that support champion, he could use a renaissance doctor mask too

Nibbler

12-07-2012

Wow, in a single thread, OP has created fun and interesting supports, cool monster champions, non sexualized female badasses, and the first black champion.

op is op

MTaur

12-07-2012

Quinn should get made into a Vi skin now, with royalties paid.

NotBuzzJack

12-07-2012

So when you're a red, what will your avatar be?

ZodiarkSavior

12-07-2012

OP should get Vi for free, seeing as how they nearly look exactly alike.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespicableBish View Post
Btw are you able to design a female champion with 2 swords? would look so bad ass *_* maybe a male one if it'll be easier for lore
Do Kunai count?... :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
My god they even have the same facial structure. What kind of prophet do you have to be to get this close to a design apparently done back in June.
WHAT HAS BEEN FORETOLD WILL COME TO PASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhatminh94 View Post
lmfao this guy....
and u probably think Vi was ripped off of the Quinn chick in this thread but trust me it takes A HELL OF A LOT longer than 4 weeks to make a champion
Yeah. This. In fact, if they were able to steal the concept -- and do everything necessary to make this champ functional for the PBE in 4 weeks, I'd be so impressed... iwouldn'tevenbemad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
I hope you'll never get to make champion for Riot games, you suck at it.
I'm going to point at you now -- and laugh. Why do you think I suck at making champions? To be fair, I'm not necessarily even going that far. These are concepts. They're ideas for what champions could be, while not retaining what they are. So Katsumi -- the idea is to have a champion with a high skill cap and a linked kit that produces different effects based on smart play. This doesn't have to be a katana wielding assassin, but that's simply how I presented the idea.

Please attempt to justify your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Teemo is a mushroom. He's actually laying eggs.
I'll never look at Teemo the same way again. NIGHTMARESFOREVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushyy View Post
Katsumi, I want that champion so bad.
RIOT PLS D:
Riot pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
Wow, in a single thread, OP has created fun and interesting supports, cool monster champions, non sexualized female badasses, and the first black champion.

op is op
(b^_^)b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Quinn should get made into a Vi skin now, with royalties paid.
Quinn skin where? Riot pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
So when you're a red, what will your avatar be?
If I ever became a red, (and I thought about this) I would have a very difficult time choosing my avatar. :/

Probably... Championship Riven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Hello again. I'm really impressed with what you've put together here. Sometimes I get jealous of artists because they can share ideas so well with pictures, but then I'm reminded of what an artist friend said to me once. "We can't all be good at everything, that wouldn't be fair."

Anyway, thanks again for continuing to share these concepts. They are cool! My favorite so far is the fear based support. It hits a real primal nerve because fear is such a basic concept for all animals, not just humans.
Thank you, Griftrix. I'm steadily trying to improve my art through reading and practice. This has become a nice outlet for this activity. Hopefully soon I will join the Riot team and we can talk more about fear-based champions

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Can you create 'Angus, the Manly Support'?

Pretty please?

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplosion View Post
Can you create 'Angus, the Manly Support'?

Pretty please?
I'll have to make it after Barn the Sentient Barn.