Champion Revealed: Barn, The Sentient Barn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphonsio

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsDonovan View Post
When I clean up the OP, im thinking about doing a "Question of the Day" kind of thing to spur some more discussion on Barn.
Stuff like:
"Would you build Ravenous Hydra on Bruiser Barn?"
"Do you think Hate Grab should ignore Minions?"
"Should stuns force Barn to cancel Into the Inferno's Banish? Or only cleanse/QSS/Mercurial Scimitar of the afflicted champ?"

Would this be fun to you guys?
First off, I love this idea.

Secondly: TWO-THOUSAND-AND-FIVE-HUNDRED-PLUS UPVOTES!

Brotherhood, you've made me so very proud! For months now, we have all banded together, showing our support, our desire for this champion idea. We've poured our hearts out to Riot and to one another. We've spread the word of Barn throughout the League of Legends community and have nurtured a glorious thread for months.

We shall continue to do so! Like the Champion we adore, each and every one of you, my Brethren, is strong. Each and every one of you is determined, devoted to the cause, to the goal we've come together to accomplish. My fellow Summoners, you've joined the ranks of the Brotherhood of Barn, you have given your voices to our mission and you have helped us continually grow!

I appreciate you. All of you. Every upvote, every bump, every piece of wonderful content you've provided. You've done great things, honorable, amazing things, in pursuit of our goal.

I have nothing else to say. You're all wonderful, you're all, in this community, my friends. I trust you to continue doing what you can to support Barn, to support Riot and to make our dream a reality.

THE FLAMES OF OUR DEVOTION BURN PURE AND BRIGHT! THIS BLAZE OF CAMARADERIE GROWS HOTTER EACH DAY! BARN WILL JOIN THE LEAGUE!

Alphonsio, Herald of Barn

MyNameIsDonovan

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonsio View Post
First off, I love this idea.

Secondly: TWO-THOUSAND-AND-FIVE-HUNDRED-PLUS UPVOTES!

Brotherhood, you've made me so very proud! For months now, we have all banded together, showing our support, our desire for this champion idea. We've poured our hearts out to Riot and to one another. We've spread the word of Barn throughout the League of Legends community and have nurtured a glorious thread for months.

We shall continue to do so! Like the Champion we adore, each and every one of you, my Brethren, is strong. Each and every one of you is determined, devoted to the cause, to the goal we've come together to accomplish. My fellow Summoners, you've joined the ranks of the Brotherhood of Barn, you have given your voices to our mission and you have helped us continually grow!

I appreciate you. All of you. Every upvote, every bump, every piece of wonderful content you've provided. You've done great things, honorable, amazing things, in pursuit of our goal.

I have nothing else to say. You're all wonderful, you're all, in this community, my friends. I trust you to continue doing what you can to support Barn, to support Riot and to make our dream a reality.

THE FLAMES OF OUR DEVOTION BURN PURE AND BRIGHT! THIS BLAZE OF CAMARADERIE GROWS HOTTER EACH DAY! BARN WILL JOIN THE LEAGUE!

Alphonsio, Herald of Barn
Once again, im all super pumped up! Very nice Brother Alphonsio, very nice indeed!

Alphonsio

12-07-2012

Quote:
Once again, im all super pumped up! Very nice Brother Alphonsio, very nice indeed!
Aw, shucks, thanks! I try.

MyNameIsDonovan

12-07-2012

Well as long as I don't get too lazy, I'll update the OP of the thread with the move changes, add in the ability icons, skin idea section, and a Question of the Day section. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow sometime in the afternoon/eveningish

Barn shall rise

MyNameIsDonovan

12-07-2012

Also I am planning on making a tweak to Hate Grab
Here it is now:

Hate Grab - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters and enemy, Barn begins to channel, snaring the enemy and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds for the duration of Hate Grab. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.

here it is after

Vengeful Grip - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters a champion or neutral monster, Barn begins to channel, snaring the unit and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.

I changed the name to something a little darker than "Hate Grab". Also I made it ignore regular minions. I wanted Support Barn to have a more front-line feel to him, instead of hide in the bushes and rush in for a grab kind of feel.

Tigerban

12-07-2012

The youtube one seems to be the most fitting one.

Laffarater

12-07-2012

Quote:
Also I am planning on making a tweak to Hate Grab
Here it is now:

Hate Grab - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters and enemy, Barn begins to channel, snaring the enemy and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds for the duration of Hate Grab. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.

here it is after

Vengeful Grip - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters a champion or neutral monster, Barn begins to channel, snaring the unit and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.

I changed the name to something a little darker than "Hate Grab". Also I made it ignore regular minions. I wanted Support Barn to have a more front-line feel to him, instead of hide in the bushes and rush in for a grab kind of feel.
1, stupid school computer won't log in so i couldn't bump for a while, sorry.
2, I thought it was always this way O-o (hooray for reading closely)
3, I like it :D

MyNameIsDonovan

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffarater View Post
1, stupid school computer won't log in so i couldn't bump for a while, sorry.
2, I thought it was always this way O-o (hooray for reading closely)
3, I like it
haha leagues website is weird sometimes, really derpy when it comes to log-ins.
Im glad you like it

Zenkatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Bump for barn.

Rizzalliss

12-08-2012

Quote:
Lore

In the beginning, Barn couldn't experience life like other living things could, then again, he wasn't truely alive. Where a man could see, hear, smell, and taste, Barn could only feel, feel and remember. It was the comfort he provided that he felt, the comfort he remembered. He provided shelter from the elements, and was always there when they needed him. They were his animals and he was their barn, home, their guardian and would protect them always. Or so he thought.

He sensed the man approach, torch in hand. The man, a farmer who was jealous of Barn's current owner, threw the torch through Barn's window, where it landed in a pile of hay. Within seconds Barn felt his insides begin to char and catch aflame. Burning was nothing new to Barn, years ago, an accident caused half of Barn's structure to burn and collapse, but he was rebuilt and would be rebuilt again no doubt, however last time, his animals were not inside. The shrill screams of the animals, his animals, sent Barn into a panic, he had to do something, anything. Then it hit him, he was no gaurdian, he was a barn, no more, no less, and could do nothing but listen as each animal's painful scream die out, one by one, as they succumbed to the fires heat.

It was then Barn realised he could not only sense the presence of the jealous farmer, but actually see him. The farmer stood, smiling over the pain and destruction he had caused. The smile was more than Barn could take, Barn snapped, both literally and figurativly. A mangled mass of wood and splinters burst forth from Barn's sides. Startled and afraid, the farmer ran, but Barn was not going to let his prey escape. The mangled masses took the shape of crude clawed arms, with which Barn dug into the ground, dragging his burning structure after the fleeing farmer. The farmer tripped in his haste, allowing Barn to catch him within his claws. Barn opened a mouth that could only be described as a fissure of charred wood where once a door stood and spoke to the farmer,"Let us see how you fare against the flames, shall we?" Then threw the man who took those he held most dear, into the inferno that was Barn's mouth.

Barn, once a simple barn, a simple home, was no more. The fire and farmer made sure of that. What remained was a smoldering mass of planks and splinters with a new desire in life, seek out evil that preys on those who can not protect themselves, and with that, Barn drug himself out into the darkness.
At first, I was like 'LoL'. But then, I was like, 'Holy flaming barns, this is actually badass.'