The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreMLoK View Post
major f@g detected
Look out folks, we've got a storm of butthurt incoming!

Eleshakai

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Perverse View Post
A CANDY CANE thats fucntion like a STRIPPER POLE

what the hell is wrong with you.
No... its function is a DANCING POLE.

Not all poledancers are strippers. Poledancing itself is an artform. Just because some people use that art to be sleezy doesn't mean the art itself is a problem.

Aerinx

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAlmond View Post
IMHO, The Candy Cane is not enough.

People are failing to see here that the problem is not LoL, but society. LoL is a piece of art that reflects what it's creators want it to reflect, and what people want to buy. What people want to buy is based on what society urges us to buy.
Not really, RIOT is free to develop the game in whichever direction they want, you don't get to see this much nonsense mix of styles in every game. Usually the games are silly or they commit to their style. LOL does a mix of both and it looks terrible when those skins appear in the game.

Locke Cole

12-07-2012

So many things wrong with the game

Yet everyone focuses on the cosmetic.

píx

12-07-2012

thats actually way too funny

Zeuth88

12-07-2012

The candy cane is awesome, quit hating.

Toreka

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
I'm sorry, I just can't agree with your argument based on this, anyone who believes Riot is saying that should not even be playing videogames at all, furthermore, skins like those have nothing degrading about them at all, unless you are immature enough to believe so.

Your second argument is a different one I can agree with, too many skins might get boring and be "same old, same old" but no where is it degrading, sexist or anything of the like.
No, I'm not implying that they're literally saying that, I'm just trying to say that this is the message a lot of people receive. I know there are people like IronStylus who are working tirelessly for the ungrateful people like me who can never be satisfied with just Leona and just Diana, and I'm not upset or trying to start any arguments.

All I'm doing is voicing my thoughts on the issue and even though I have various problems in doing so, I hope that I can at least allow people to see my point of view and decide for themselves if what I'm saying makes any sense. I mean no harm. ^^

Aerinx

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE HATING ON HOT GIRLS.

I AM TIRED OF IT.

WOMEN EXlST.

THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ATTRACTIVE.

KAT IS ONE OF THEM.

KAT IS EXTREMELY SEXY ESPECIALLY IN THIS SKIN.

DEAL WITH IT.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

BOOBS EXIST. THEY DO.

THEY DO.

AND THEY ARE AMAZING.
Show me the boobs inside a game-related costume and I am fine, you are not getting the point. These skins look awful inside the game because they are so out of context.

nab27

12-07-2012

You see the problem here isn't the skin, it's the mindset that society has put themselves in. Society has given itself such a perverted mindset that everything someone sees can(and will) be affiliated with some sort of sexual behavior. I don't think Riot ever intended this to become a "stripper pole", but instead thought it was a cool recall animation that fit the theme. It wasn't Riot that made this recall animation a stripper pole, it was some of the community's sick minds that decided "Hey, you know what I think this reminds me of? A stripper pole!" So you (those who brought this up) have no one to blame this on but yourselves.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreka View Post
No, I'm not implying that they're literally saying that, I'm just trying to say that this is the message a lot of people receive. I know there are people like IronStylus who are working tirelessly for the ungrateful people like me who can never be satisfied with just Leona and just Diana, and I'm not upset or trying to start any arguments.

All I'm doing is voicing my thoughts on the issue and even though I have various problems in doing so, I hope that I can at least allow people to see my point of view and decide for themselves if what I'm saying makes any sense. I mean no harm. ^^
Changed my post, I get your point, I just misread you the first time. And I get your point and agree with it, yet you are not calling the pitchforks over a skin, which makes you one of the few mature and intelligent people.

I wouldn't mind more champions/skins like Leona/Diana/Varus etc, but at the same time I'm not calling a massive riot/witch hunt for skins like this. It's just silly.