The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleshakai

Senior Member

12-07-2012

It's a freaking CANDY CANE not a stripper pole. Get it right. She is merely expressing her deep and unfettered love for christmas.

That and poledancing is a perfectly respectable hobby. Many many people practice it just to get in shape.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozoss1

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
That's where you fail. These skins come out far more often than any other skin in League while alternate choices skins that aren't as ridiculous are far and in between. We want variety but Riot continues to pander to the horny teenagers while they keep saying that they'll "try harder" next time.
That's where I fail? For providing a logical analysis? And there are so many alternate choices, you're just bias and finding something to complain about. Pander to horny teenagers? What a joke, how about PFE, Arcade Sona, Rework TF/Soraka, Championship Riven, and so forth? All pandering to these horny teens huh?

Absurd, maybe you should stop being so arrogant in your personal beliefs, attempting to press them on others, and maybe accept the fact that they do more than their fair share of pandering to the bigots always wanting something else?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerinx

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmiavdaen View Post
nice, so I'm tasteless idiot just because I don't mind if this game have sexy skins or not. Tell me more about myself, you clearly know more about me than I do.
I am afraid you show there you have no taste, I would however don't call you idiot without knowing more about you. That said, I'll explain: Sexy skins can be made in the context of the game, these skins, however, look and feel completely out of place in the style of the game. If you can't see that, you have no taste, sorry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornAlavarn View Post
Don't think I've ever seen a thread with so many downvotes not be closed...
You haven't seen many threads about women's issues.

This usually happens. Don't be fooled by the downvotes, for every 10 who downvote there are 5 who upvote. This community isn't entirely populated by ignorant children.

Just mostly. Which is why Riot will continue marketing to them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lina Perverse

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
It's a freaking CANDY CANE not a stripper pole. Get it right. She is merely expressing her deep and unfettered love for christmas.

That and poledancing is a perfectly respectable hobby. Many many people practice it just to get in shape.
A CANDY CANE thats fucntion like a STRIPPER POLE

what the hell is wrong with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreka View Post
I'm not offended by the skin in the slightest, I never said that I was. But I am worried that that with skins like these, maybe things won't improve like I hope they will.

I know I shouldn't be saying that my way is the best way and they should stop over-sexualizing female champions because I say so, but at the same time I know it's very degrading for a lot of people, both male and female. Females because it's more or less telling them "This is what females primarily are in this game's world, better get used to it" and males because it's telling them that this is what they think their male audience will enjoy, cheap sexiness for the sake of sexiness.

I don't have anything against sexualization, and I think champions like Miss Fortune are very much welcome in the league, but too many Miss Fortunes and it gets old fast.
I'm sorry, I just can't agree with your argument based on this, anyone who believes Riot is saying that should not even be playing videogames at all, furthermore, skins like those have nothing degrading about them at all, unless you are immature enough to believe so.

Your second argument is a different one I can agree with, too many skins might get boring and be "same old, same old" but no where is it degrading, sexist or anything of the like.

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post, thought it said Riot was telling males that's how women are in the real world, that argument I have seen it a lot of times and it always makes me cringe. I still think there's nothing degrading about it though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toreka

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozoss1 View Post
That's where I fail? For providing a logical analysis? And there are so many alternate choices, you're just bias and finding something to complain about. Pander to horny teenagers? What a joke, how about PFE, Arcade Sona, Rework TF/Soraka, Championship Riven, and so forth? All pandering to these horny teens huh?

Absurd, maybe you should stop being so arrogant in your personal beliefs, attempting to press them on others, and maybe accept the fact that they do more than their fair share of pandering to the bigots always wanting something else?
I'm not agreeing with either of you with this, but I will say that the skins you listed aren't the only recent skins released, and I would actually say that the Soraka rework DOES in fact slightly "pander" to the horny teenagers (who knows if that's what they were going for or not, but she has significantly more *** appeal now and her waist is frighteningly thin).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
You haven't seen many threads about women's issues.

This usually happens. Don't be fooled by the downvotes, for every 10 who downvote there are 5 who upvote. This community isn't entirely populated by ignorant children.

Just mostly. Which is why Riot will continue marketing to them.
"Yes, because anyone who does not agrees with my opinion is an ignorant children"

Oh, the irony of this post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreMLoK

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
First off, I'm a guy. I've been playing League for 2 years, and I've mained Katarina most of that time, so any skins that come out for Kat, I'm all over them.

Except this Xmas Katarina skin.

I don't care that she's dressed like a hooker, I don't care that she has a tacky hair color (IMHO). But the stripper pole? C'mon, Riot. That is WAY over the top. Until now, the sexy skins have been plentiful but somewhat tame, and this one is just a bit too much. I will happily buy this skin if (AND ONLY IF) they take out the stripper pole recall animation. There's no reason for it at all. The skin can stand on it's own apart from that.

Let's show Riot that there is a point where it becomes too raunchy. A significant amount of sexy is acceptable, but lets keep these Trampion skins to a minimum.

- Veevos
major f@g detected


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-07-2012

I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE HATING ON HOT GIRLS.

I AM TIRED OF IT.

WOMEN EXlST.

THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ATTRACTIVE.

KAT IS ONE OF THEM.

KAT IS EXTREMELY SEXY ESPECIALLY IN THIS SKIN.

DEAL WITH IT.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

BOOBS EXIST. THEY DO.

THEY DO.

AND THEY ARE AMAZING.