Select an option:

Keep new TT as it is with altars 119 36.73%
Change new TT altars to buff camps as detailed below 156 48.15%
Remove altars completely from new TT, but with no added buff camps 49 15.12%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

The altars are the problem, solution to fix this map entirely inside

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eturnus

12-06-2012

Yeah I have issues sometimes on this map when the enemy team has a full time jungler that's a bruiser. I always feel at risk as soon as I walk near the middle of the lane since it is so long and we have no wards.

gnmish

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Riot Nome,
The game shouldn't be decided by who is in the right position when to cap an altar, it should be decided by winning lane and team fight cohesiveness.
How is this different to one team (or champ....Trynd) constantly getting Dragon in the old map? Also it is now pretty easy to just look at an altar to work out when it is coming up (probably more so than working out when Dragon is coming back), and also makes for great baiting of the enemy team.

Bobinatorlol

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnus View Post
Yeah I have issues sometimes on this map when the enemy team has a full time jungler that's a bruiser. I always feel at risk as soon as I walk near the middle of the lane since it is so long and we have no wards.
This is one of many reasons why teams run with a jungler. If your lane is pushed you SHOULD feel scared if you are going to continue farming. If it is too risky to stay in lane go do other objectives. This is not SR you are not suppose to stay in lane and play farmville for 30 mins. Besides most of the time the lane is pushed because people do not understand how to freeze a lane. Too many normal players do this. They keep auto attacking creep and complain their lane is pushed so they can't farm.

Aerophobia

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Over the next few patches, we're going to be implementing a series of changes that should address some of the points you've listed.

If all goes well, 1.73 should allow for altar captures to be interrupted temporarily by damage. This will allow ranged champions to stop captures without putting themselves in danger. Note that this will primarily address 1v1 or 1v2 situations in which the "1" feels helpless; in larger teamfights, it'll just mean you have to dedicate one or two players to stop the harassment.

1.74+ will see the removal of speed shrine, replacing it with something to be decided. Additional evolution of altar capture rules and rewards will occur as well. I'm not convinced that there are any small number of changes that can allow wards to be re-introduced, but we are looking into options. Stay tuned
No wards on the map is the biggest problem though. No longer possible to play twisted treeline by yourself since individual skill means absolutely nothing anymore on this map

Redenbacher

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
No wards on the map is the biggest problem though. No longer possible to play twisted treeline by yourself since individual skill means absolutely nothing anymore on this map
A requirement to play with your team in a team game is a bad thing?

Bobinatorlol

12-06-2012

Quote:
Having awareness goes along way.

Aerophobia

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
A requirement to play with your team in a team game is a bad thing?
did i say i wasnt playing with my team. but now if my team forces to communicate i cant even do good. before i could place some wards and carry myself and team to victory. GG, effectively killed solo queue on twisted treeline.

hotfire

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Over the next few patches, we're going to be implementing a series of changes that should address some of the points you've listed.

If all goes well, 1.73 should allow for altar captures to be interrupted temporarily by damage. This will allow ranged champions to stop captures without putting themselves in danger. Note that this will primarily address 1v1 or 1v2 situations in which the "1" feels helpless; in larger teamfights, it'll just mean you have to dedicate one or two players to stop the harassment.

1.74+ will see the removal of speed shrine, replacing it with something to be decided. Additional evolution of altar capture rules and rewards will occur as well. I'm not convinced that there are any small number of changes that can allow wards to be re-introduced, but we are looking into options. Stay tuned
cmon, do we really need to wait two patches for the speed shrine to be out? Just delete it, an open space is ok. (red buff is my vote) The lanes are long enough and jungle's tight enough that it's too much speed and power to a ganker or lanes chasing up to counter gank. I want positioning and timing to be rewarded, often I'll gank an over extended top and bot's already to me as they die, then we lose the 2v2 w/o cd's.

Also, it's hard enough to escape as a solo lane with so many jungle entrances behind you.

Redenbacher

12-07-2012

Quote:
did i say i wasnt playing with my team. but now if my team forces to communicate i cant even do good. before i could place some wards and carry myself and team to victory. GG, effectively killed solo queue on twisted treeline.
Well, I still see an issue with this. Your first post said very clearly, "You can no longer play TT by yourself..." implying that you're not relying on the other two people on the team.

When you say you're 'forced' to communicate with your team, or that 'wards' are the answer to 'carrying yourself and your team' to victory, it makes me believe that you don't actually appreciate your teammate's contributions to the game. I imagine they feel the same. How could you improve on that?

In addition, the map is small. You really don't need wards to have a good idea of where the enemy is, right? Think about it. If you don't see the enemy on the map, well, chances are they're invading your jungle. Back off your lane and buy, or scout the jungle with skillshots/active vision to spook them and/or set up a gank. Communicate with your team on what is going on.

If you're laning, and you've pushed to or past middle and an enemy goes MIA, chances are they're setting up to gank you, right? A little awareness and deductive reasoning goes a long way.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-07-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spittinhotfire View Post
cmon, do we really need to wait two patches for the speed shrine to be out? Just delete it, an open space is ok. (red buff is my vote) The lanes are long enough and jungle's tight enough that it's too much speed and power to a ganker or lanes chasing up to counter gank. I want positioning and timing to be rewarded, often I'll gank an over extended top and bot's already to me as they die, then we lose the 2v2 w/o cd's.

Also, it's hard enough to escape as a solo lane with so many jungle entrances behind you.
The capture mechanics changes to the altars are big enough that their impact should be judged in isolation.

1234567 ... 9