The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kmiavdaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

If you hate it so much, mod it out of your client. This skin looks as fun as other christmas skins, and I will vote with my money. I'm glad, that looking by the amount of downvotes, white knighting isn't altering this game design.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
So Riot will continue to design sexytimes Champion and skins, and they'll continue to sell like hotcakes to the current players, most of whom obviously love that stuff. But the game will never be able to reach a larger audience, because people outside the current demographic will take one look at it, see all the cleavage, and come to the conclusion that it's a game for forever alones.

If Riot had had some foresight, they could have seen that this game would grow enough that it may be appealing to a wider audience, and tried to keep the game appealing to a broad demographic. But they didn't, and now they've painted themselves into something of a corner, locked into the yet-another-game-designed-for-teenage-boys category.
I'm not a teenager and haven't been for quite some time, but if the demographic you talk about would base the quality of a game purely based on what kind of skins they have, then I would be glad they would stay out of it.

As for your second argument, I heard the same thing three years ago when I started playing "LoL will never be big, it will fall like HoN" and look at us now, Highest Audience in tournaments and growing, a rather large, growing player base, so, I'm not worried about that at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerinx

Senior Member

12-07-2012

There are so many lame skins, another one will not make such a difference tbh, but I think it is just as bad with and without the pole. Almost as bad as the dortor/nurse and most of the holiday skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozoss1

Member

12-07-2012

No. You're wrong, period.

If you do not find it morally appealing for what ever reason, you need not buy it. Just because you don't like the skin doesn't mean you should be marginalizing options for others. The stripper pole is perfectly fine, it really isn't a big deal if you're a mature person.

Furthermore, there is zero evidence that this would hurt their chance at becoming an eSport, and even to suggest that is laughable. You've got no platform to stand on that justifies the illegitimacy of this skin, so I suggest you drop it, just wasting your time.

Suggesting that Riot has 'gone to far' is so ridiculous. Obviously you don't get out much if you really think that this kind of behavior/appearance is 'too far' by any measure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerinx

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmiavdaen View Post
If you hate it so much, mod it out of your client. This skin looks as fun as other christmas skins, and I will vote with my money. I'm glad, that looking by the amount of downvotes, white knighting isn't altering this game design.
It is not about white knighting. At least not for me, they just look bad and out of place in the game. If I want sexy, I have plenty of porn, I can't understand why people need that inside the game too, It looks awful in the context of the game.

Edit: If you are going to downvote, can you at least explain why you think porn-movie customes are good in the game? I like them in my porn-movies, but I find them so out of context in this game they break my enjoyment, just like if the wards were pikachu dolls. Why do you find them appealing? I am genuinely curious. It should not be because you don't have enough access to sexy ladies' pictures and movies and you need more (I think, you have internet after all).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazh

Senior Member

12-07-2012

I think the OP is gunning for most downvotes in one day. He is well on his way for that achievement. I don't even play Kat but I like the skin besides her hair. Her hair is pretty ugly in my opinion, I prefer the normal red, but that's just me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozoss1 View Post
No. You're wrong, period.

If you do not find it morally appealing for what ever reason, you need not buy it. Just because you don't like the skin doesn't mean you should be marginalizing options for others. The stripper pole is perfectly fine, it really isn't a big deal if you're a mature person.

Furthermore, there is zero evidence that this would hurt their chance at becoming an eSport, and even to suggest that is laughable. You've got no platform to stand on that justifies the illegitimacy of this skin, so I suggest you drop it, just wasting your time.

Suggesting that Riot has 'gone to far' is so ridiculous. Obviously you don't get out much if you really think that this kind of behavior/appearance is 'too far' by any measure.
That's where you fail. These skins come out far more often than any other skin in League while alternate choices skins that aren't as ridiculous are far and in between. We want variety but Riot continues to pander to the horny teenagers while they keep saying that they'll "try harder" next time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinx View Post
It is not about white knighting. At least not for me, they just look bad and out of place in the game. If I want sexy, I have plenty of porn, I can't understand why people need that inside the game too, It looks awful in the context of the game.
You're trying to argue with tasteless idiots.

It's not going very well.

Does this surprise you?

It really shouldn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toreka

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
So? Are you mature and intelligent? If you are, why would this skin bother you or, what is so offensive for you?

I like champions like Diana and Leona as well, but I don't call the pitchforks for skins like this, it's just overly dramatic and have never seen a single argument that makes sense against it, just the same old "it disgusts me! Why? Because it's oversexualizing women"
I'm not offended by the skin in the slightest, I never said that I was. But I am worried that that with skins like these, maybe things won't improve like I hope they will.

I know I shouldn't be saying that my way is the best way and they should stop over-sexualizing female champions because I say so, but at the same time I know it's very degrading for a lot of people, both male and female. Females because it's more or less telling them "This is what females primarily are in this game's world, better get used to it" and males because it's telling them that this is what they think their male audience will enjoy, cheap sexiness for the sake of sexiness.

I don't have anything against sexualization, and I think champions like Miss Fortune are very much welcome in the league, but too many Miss Fortunes and it gets old fast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zlordofsigimigi

Member

12-07-2012

There are like seven or eight topics about Katarina being on a pole.

Can we talk about how the new in-game layout is distracting and unnecessarily difficult to maneuver around instead? x_o