The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Give Ruthless Phanteon the same recall animation

Problem Fixed.

Everyone is happy now
Agreed. Awaiting this in the next patch.

BlueSion

12-07-2012

Twirling around on a candy cane, okay

Posing on the candy cane, not really needed on the battle field but whatever.

Big ole thrust and grind on the candy cane pole, this is one of those awkward moments where i don't know the fine line of areas that has been crossed in morality.

First off, It's a game that whenever *** appeal gets pulled in as a marketing means of business for a game I as a person end up not taking the game seriously because it is summed up as dolls being moved around. This is what kids do back in the day with G.I. Joe and Barbies or whatever female figure represented in a movie or tv show a kid likes when those hormones start kicking in. It's an awkward stage in life that would probably rather be preferred as a personal experience among friends or siblings.

Where is the drawing point in which *** does not need to be involved to be funny and/or entertaining?

However, I do believe the female body is beautiful yet the real thing is quite better by a million bajillion points.

Buy the skin if you believe this is the direction in LoL you're okay with, or don't and quit LoL to live life. It's like choosing the pills in the Matrix, and choosing life will allow you to move on to better things. Hey, Skyrim is a pretty cool game yet people are going about with the naked mod..

Cuz Hay! Maybe they wanna take a stroll down the fields and forests butt ass naked and enjoy being one with nature on a beautiful day but can't because of laws prohibiting public indecency, nasty ass figure, or live in an area with bad weather.

Calys Teneb

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChen View Post
^

I demand Chippendale Graves, Half naked Fire fighter Darius, and Unprepared Garen to compensate!
Rugged Garen is already too much Garen for you. Admit it.

Rinku Locke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

i agree with OP that it is over the top, but riots largest playerbase is teenage boys that fap over seeing a bra-strap.

Calys Teneb

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackusDamackus View Post
i agree with OP that it is over the top, but riots largest playerbase is teenage boys that fap over seeing a bra-strap.
I'm a thirty year old guy who still faps over seeing a bra-strap. Particularly knowing that it's my girlfriend's and it's on the floor for specific reasons.

Reasons I enjoy.

Dukatenscheisser

12-07-2012

http://www.ellentv.com/2010/10/18/wo...-the-sexy-way/

But she is just exercising and this kind of thing is totally acceptable on a women's daytime tv show.

LittleMewMew

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Rugged Garen is already too much Garen for you. Admit it.
I have that skin, but honestly I find Darius hotter, so yes half naked Firefighter Darius please <3
Still though Unprepared Garen would take things down a different path. And might show they'd be willing to appease a different demographic.

Chippendale Graves though mmmmm <3

Runix

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzelda View Post
I appreciated your post Veevos. Just because the majority of the audience is younger males, doesn't mean that the smaller majority of females, don't regularly pay and play.

Let's remove the emotion of this subject and talk strictly business.

The research I have done in free to play games say that a female demographic is much more likely to pay for decorations than a male one, who typically purchase achievement based items, like power ups. Considering this game makes a large portion of it's revenues on decoration, one would think Riot would do a study of just how much of their income comes from this smaller female demographic.

Case in point, in a free to play game, the key is bulk. You get as many players as you can possibly squeeze into the game (player invites, advertising, word of mouth), minimize churn (lessening player abuse, tuning UI, player balancing and tutorials) and even after this only 1% of your audience will actually pay for anything.

I know I am prone to buying sexy, classy skins. Why not capture the largest pay base and get the best return? I would say running a free to play business, you wouldn't want to exclude any of your paying players, male or female. It just makes good business sense.
That's a really well-thought-out response.

From a purely business perspective, Riot's approach works. But the problem is, it won't scale up.

Right now, most of the audience is still teenage boys. But the game has gotten to be big enough that Riot could conceivably start attracting other players who are outside that demographic. But that's not going to happen as long as the game is so obviously designed for immature teenage boys.

So Riot will continue to design sexytimes Champion and skins, and they'll continue to sell like hotcakes to the current players, most of whom obviously love that stuff. But the game will never be able to reach a larger audience, because people outside the current demographic will take one look at it, see all the cleavage, and come to the conclusion that it's a game for forever alones.

If Riot had had some foresight, they could have seen that this game would grow enough that it may be appealing to a wider audience, and tried to keep the game appealing to a broad demographic. But they didn't, and now they've painted themselves into something of a corner, locked into the yet-another-game-designed-for-teenage-boys category.

Dainyan

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessChen View Post
You put this beautifully, but yeah I like a lot of champs in this game but some of it is just so over the top. It's really tough to be a gamer and just... deal with all this stuff that gets thrown in your face 24/7 and you're supposed to just "accept it" because "it's part of being a gamer." Hopefully it wont be, but unless the patriachy is burned to the ground I guess I don't have much choice...
Thank you.

Everyone has become so desensitized to the objectification of women, that it's not even noticed by most people any more. It's just normal.

And, like I said before, it's okay to have sexy female characters. It's okay to have female champs that don't wear a lot of clothes. The problem is most of them are like that.

Light LaserTower

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artiburd View Post
Well, maybe that's why it's called Xmas Katarina instead of Christmas Katarina.
So much win right here.