The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisenPower View Post
The problem is you're stuck on 'my opinion is right, no one else should be allowed to buy this skin because it offends me'

Get over it, and don't buy it.
Also this.

Høt?høtGG

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Get a life, dude. I'm married, I'm not after internet poontang. Just trying to voice my opinion. You don't have to like it.

the fact you are married and you are here to post this kind of $hits mean 2 things

1) You are faill high school kid who got married because he live in redneck family and he believe That sexy is bad because the jesus christ say it

or

2) You are some creepy 40 year old and your wife see you masturbate with the new kat skin and force you to do that post

what ever is your problem again put a bullet in your head!

theDreamer

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floozyl1f3 View Post
So after my first amazing post on this thread, I am still confused. Yes, it might be a little over the top for some people. Yes, we have all made it clear pole dancing is acceptable. But more so, if you don't want to see the skin A) Don't buy it and B) Ban Kat everygame from here to eternity. Peace out fellow strippers!
I think this is the correct statement.

Skins are very different from the default mode of the champ.

I'd be annoyed if a new champion came out today that had a stripper pole backing animation, or a stripper pole /dance (that's right. If Nidalee came out today, I wouldn't like it, but she's awesome).

But a skin is a purely cosmetic item meant to cater to different people.

L4dy Lilith

12-07-2012

Quote:
I thought this was a public forum for people to post their opinions? ****, guess I was mistaken...
I appreciated your post Veevos. Just because the majority of the audience is younger males, doesn't mean that the smaller majority of females, don't regularly pay and play.

Let's remove the emotion of this subject and talk strictly business.

The research I have done in free to play games say that a female demographic is much more likely to pay for decorations than a male one, who typically purchase achievement based items, like power ups. Considering this game makes a large portion of it's revenues on decoration, one would think Riot would do a study of just how much of their income comes from this smaller female demographic.

Case in point, in a free to play game, the key is bulk. You get as many players as you can possibly squeeze into the game (player invites, advertising, word of mouth), minimize churn (lessening player abuse, tuning UI, player balancing and tutorials) and even after this only 1% of your audience will actually pay for anything.

I know I am prone to buying sexy, classy skins. Why not capture the largest pay base and get the best return? I would say running a free to play business, you wouldn't want to exclude any of your paying players, male or female. It just makes good business sense.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Just so that I can clear your ignorance, pole dance != striptease. That's like saying cops are murderers cuz they carry guns.

Shadow Master

LittleMewMew

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidumbra View Post
I think you need to lighten up a bit, OP.

Although I will say, Riot's catering to the sexually frustrated male is kind of annoying and actually kept me away from the game for quite a while. Wasn't until I saw there was in fact substance in the game itself that I came around. Picked Diana as my first champ though cause she actually wears full armor for a change.

So yeah, in the case of a holiday skin I think the sexy look is just fine, fits well. I just wish it wasn't a look used EVERYWHERE in the game and Riot made more practical (female) skins/champions.
This is why I'm glad a lot of my favorite champions are Yordles, they have so much imagination to their skins

I cant wait for that new Ziggy skin, it looks so cute <3

Jgrhymes

12-07-2012

Quote:
Is my argument going to stop Riot from releasing the skin? Probably not. Is that going to stop you from buying the skin? No. Was my hope to find enough like-minded folks in the community that agreed with me to let Riot know that they need to shape up? Yes.
They don't need to shape up. If you find cartoons too sexy and offensive I'm worried about you and other like-minded people playing this game with under aged children...

Mango Shake

12-07-2012

Quote:
Is my argument going to stop Riot from releasing the skin?
Quote:
I just think it's overly tacky and I would prefer to not have it in the game.

VanceStubbs

12-07-2012

Good thing there are no other character in the game with similar animations...