The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Høt?høtGG

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
First off, I'm a guy. I've been playing League for 2 years, and I've mained Katarina most of that time, so any skins that come out for Kat, I'm all over them.

Except this Xmas Katarina skin.

I don't care that she's dressed like a hooker, I don't care that she has a tacky hair color (IMHO). But the stripper pole? C'mon, Riot. That is WAY over the top. Until now, the sexy skins have been plentiful but somewhat tame, and this one is just a bit too much. I will happily buy this skin if (AND ONLY IF) they take out the stripper pole recall animation. There's no reason for it at all. The skin can stand on it's own apart from that.

Let's show Riot that there is a point where it becomes too raunchy. A significant amount of sexy is acceptable, but lets keep these Trampion skins to a minimum.

- Veevos



Firt kill your self and second what you expect with that post? all the ugly girls to come here and say "OMG VEEVO I AM SO WET RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU SAY SEXY IS BAD PLEAZ HAVE MY KIDS"

OR you are gay and you are jealous of a video game champion skin?

I really cant tell

But what ever is your problem or what ever you try to do here is stupid

So do a favor to the world and put a bullet in your skull


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Candidumbra

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horasu View Post
Strippers are not synonymous with pole dancers. Pole dancing is not as sexual as people like to believe. My ex took up pole dancing because it is a great exercise that develops all the right areas of your body as well as enhancing your balance. It's a great recreational activity and courses for it are offered everywhere just like karate.

Now regarding the attitude of pole dancing in general, this one ought to perk up the ears of our "social justice" activists in this forum. If you're fighting for equality for women, then do you know what "sl.ut shaming" is? It's labeling, discriminating, and degrading a woman for engaging in what society deems to be a "sexual" activity. If you guys truly care about women, you would accept candy cane Katarina and not indirectly shame pole dancers everywhere. What you guys are doing is very sexist.
You realize people who do pole dancing purely for exercise and not at all for stripping are actually on the far minority? So of course that opinion is going to persist, considering most of the time it is the case. Don't act like you've never made a generalization like that yourself based on what the majority is.

And do you actually think that's what Riot was going for? "Look at Katarina pole dance on this candycane, she's so healthy! Our champions believe in proper exercise anywhere they can get it, even on the battlefield!". Yeah, I don't think so either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocolateMang0

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
I'm not fighting for women's rights. I just think it's overly tacky and I would prefer to not have it in the game.
you sound like a religious fundamentalist

IF I DONT BELIEVE IN IT YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO HAVE IT EITHER

THE BIBLE DOESN'T ALLOW SAME GENDER MARRIAGE SO YOU CANT HAVE IT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floozyl1f3

Senior Member

12-07-2012

So after my first amazing post on this thread, I am still confused. Yes, it might be a little over the top for some people. Yes, we have all made it clear pole dancing is acceptable. But more so, if you don't want to see the skin A) Don't buy it and B) Ban Kat everygame from here to eternity. Peace out fellow strippers!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocolateMang0

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidumbra View Post
You realize people who do pole dancing purely for exercise and not at all for stripping are actually on the far minority?
are you basing this on fact or you just pulling it out of your ass?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veevos

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Høt?høtGG View Post
Firt kill your self and second what you expect with that post? all the ugly girls to come here and say "OMG VEEVO I AM SO WET RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU SAY SEXY IS BAD PLEAZ HAVE MY KIDS"

OR you are gay and you are jealous of a video game champion skin?

I really cant tell

But what ever is your problem or what ever you try to do here is stupid

So do a favor to the world and put a bullet in your skull
Get a life, dude. I'm married, I'm not after internet poontang. Just trying to voice my opinion. You don't have to like it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runix

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Get a life, dude. I'm married, I'm not after internet poontang. Just trying to voice my opinion. You don't have to like it.
If people like that are arguing against you, you're probably on the right side of the argument.

Anyway, I'm with you, and getting very tired of Riot designing the game for teenage boys and not listening to more mature players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EisenPower

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
I thought this was a public forum for people to post their opinions? ****, guess I was mistaken...
The problem is you're stuck on 'my opinion is right, no one else should be allowed to buy this skin because it offends me'

Get over it, and don't buy it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veevos

Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateMang0 View Post
you sound like a religious fundamentalist

IF I DONT BELIEVE IN IT YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO HAVE IT EITHER

THE BIBLE DOESN'T ALLOW SAME GENDER MARRIAGE SO YOU CANT HAVE IT
Is my argument going to stop Riot from releasing the skin? Probably not. Is that going to stop you from buying the skin? No. Was my hope to find enough like-minded folks in the community that agreed with me to let Riot know that they need to shape up? Yes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
I'm not fighting for women's rights. I just think it's overly tacky and I would prefer to not have it in the game.
So because you don't like it, no one else can have it.

You are not my gd parent. I don't need you to decide what is appropriate to have and what is not. You're about as bad as the Parents Television Council sitting up in some assberg part of the country whose lives are so miserable that their sole entertainment is form letter-spamming the FCC every time there's a hint of skin on the television.